Ingredients for Salad with Mushrooms and Cheese
- Fresh champignons 100 grams
- Hard cheese 100 grams
- Small potato 4 pieces
- Small carrots 3-4 pieces
- Pickled medium cucumber 3 pieces
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Fresh parsley for decoration
- Main Ingredients Mushrooms, Cheese
- Serving 4 servings
Cutting board, kitchen knife, salad bowl or special serving dish, stove, medium pan with a lid, fork, kitchen brush, plate - 5 pieces, frying pan, wooden spatula, fine grater, tablespoon, medium grater
Making a salad with mushrooms and cheese:
Step 1: prepare carrots with potatoes.
Using a kitchen brush, thoroughly rinse the potatoes and carrots under running warm water. Then put the vegetables in a medium saucepan and completely fill with cold liquid from the tap so that it is no less than 2-3 fingers bedspreads components.
We put the container on a large fire and do not completely cover it with a lid. Immediately after boiling water, we fasten the burner and boil the vegetables until fully cooked. It takes me about 25-45 minutes. Moreover, the first time period for potatoes, and the second for carrots. Upon expiration 20 minutes it is necessary to check the degree of readiness of tubers. To do this, just pierce them with a fork or the edge of a knife. If the inventory easily enters the flesh of a potato, then it is ready and you can get it out of boiling water. If not, then extend the cooking time yet for 5-7 minutes. At the end, put the components on a cutting board and let cool to a warm state.
Carrots are usually cooked longer than potatoes, so we are waiting for the end of the time allotted for this. Next, turn off the burner, and get this vegetable using a fork and spread it next to the tubers. Let it also cool to a warm state.
Using a knife, we peel potatoes with carrots from the skin in turn. Next, using a fine grater, we rub the components directly on the cutting board, and then move them into two free plates.
Step 2: prepare the champignons.
The champignons are well washed under running warm water to remove the remaining soil, and then put on a cutting board. With the help of a knife, if necessary, we clean the mushrooms from coarse spoiled places on the hats and legs. Now chop the components in small pieces and transfer to a clean plate.
In parallel with this, pour a little vegetable oil into the pan and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container are well warmed up, pour the crushed champignons here. From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the components until a soft golden crust appears. Attention: when all the liquid has evaporated, if necessary, you can add a small amount of vegetable oil to the pan, then the mushrooms will be better fried. In the end, salt the components to taste, mix them well with the equipment at hand and turn off the burner.
We move the champignons back to the plate, trying to leave almost all the oil in the pan.
Step 3: prepare hard cheese.
Using a medium grater, grate hard cheese directly on the cutting board. Then pour the chips into a free plate and leave them for a while aside.
Step 4: prepare pickled cucumbers.
We spread the pickled cucumbers on a cutting board and cut off the edges with a knife. In fact, these components can be crushed in two ways, since in any case they will emit enough juice. First: just rub the salted vegetables with a fine grater directly over a clean plate.
The second method (I prefer): with a knife, peel the cucumbers and finely chop them into cubes. Attention: if the skin is soft, then you can not cut it off. In the horse, pour the components into a clean plate.
Step 5: prepare a salad with mushrooms and cheese.
In a salad bowl or on a special dish for serving, put the chopped boiled potatoes in the first layer. Then pour it with a small amount of mayonnaise and be sure to level it with a tablespoon.
Now put the fried mushrooms in a container. After lubricating them with mayonnaise, we immediately add carrot chips here. Level this layer with a tablespoon, and then cover with sauce.
The fourth level we will have chopped pickled cucumbers. We spread them and grease with a small amount of mayonnaise. At the end, sprinkle the salad evenly with grated hard cheese and put the salad bowl in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Let the dish infuse, and the layers soaked. So the salad will become even more tender and juicy.
Step 6: serve the salad with mushrooms and cheese.
When the salad is in the refrigerator, we get it out of it, decorate it with fresh herbs and serve it to the dining table. The dish turns out to be very interesting in taste, even despite the fact that its composition does not include meat. You can easily treat your friends and family to such a salad at the holiday table, or simply pamper your husband on a typical weekday.
- Instead of champignons, you can use any fresh or dried mushrooms, for example, porcini. In the latter case, be sure to boil the mushrooms until fully cooked, then rinse thoroughly under running warm water, let the excess liquid drain, throw the mushrooms in a colander, and only afterwards chop them in pieces. Optionally, the components can be fried in a small amount of vegetable oil;
- if you want to add spice to the salad, then you can cook mushrooms with onions. For the amount of ingredients indicated in the recipe, you will need literally 1-2 small heads. First of all, fry the chopped onions in a small amount of vegetable oil until transparent, and then add the mushrooms. We cook everything until the components become golden brown;
- if you are worried that the salad may be saturated with foreign odors while in the refrigerator, then be sure to wrap the salad bowl with cling film so that it does not come into contact with the top layer of the dish;
- if you used soft cheese (despite the fact that it is still hard), then I recommend it for 15 minutes put in the freezer. So it will be easier to chop on a medium grater.