Ingredients for making puff pastry puff pastry
- Yeast puff pastry 500 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Curd mass (possible with raisins or candied fruit) 500 grams
- Wheat flour optional
- Vegetable oil 1-2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Cottage Cheese, Puff Pastry
- Portion 3-4
- World Cuisine
Rolling pin, tablespoon, kitchen knife, brush, heat-resistant baking sheet, kitchen oven mitts, bowl, whisk, toothpick.
Preparation of puff pastry with cottage cheese from puff pastry:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
When buying ready-made puff pastry, pay attention to the shelf life and condition of the package. The dough itself must be of a certain shape of a plate or roll, without bumps and pinches, otherwise this may mean that it was defrosted during transportation.
Unpack the puff pastry and thaw it according to the instructions on the packaging. Usually it just needs to be left for a while at room temperature. You can’t freeze the dough again, so take exactly as much as you need, no more.
Step 2: prepare the egg.
Break the egg into a bowl and beat it until light foam with a whisk or a regular table fork. Many housewives suggest using only egg white, but I do not see much difference to pore once again over the yolk.
Step 3: form the puffs.
Sprinkle a dry surface on the countertop with a little flour. Lay out a layer of dough and roll it carefully, making it thinner. Using a knife, carefully cut the dough into rectangles of arbitrary size. Usually I divide the layer into 4-6 parts. Inside the resulting squares or rectangles, put a little curd mass, placing it in the center. Brush the edges of future puffs with a beaten egg.
Fold the dough by stretching one of the corners to the opposite in such a way that you get a neat triangle. Press the edges with your fingers, and then go over them with the cloves of the fork or with the flat side of the knife tip.
Step 4: bake cottage cheese puffs.
Set the oven to warm up 170 degrees Celsius. Lubricate the pan with vegetable oil and transfer the puffs into it, leaving a free space between them. 1-2 centimeters. This is necessary so that the baking does not stick together. Top the dough products with an egg, make a few small punctures in each with a toothpick, and immediately afterwards send it to the preheated oven on 15-20 minutes. Finished puffs are covered with a golden crust and rise a little, so you determine that they are ready and can be removed from the oven.
Step 5: serve the cottage cheese puffs.
Serve the prepared puffs with cottage cheese slightly cooled, so they are tastier. Transfer them to a large beautiful serving dish, brew fruit tea without sugar and start the meal. And you don’t need to call anyone, your whole family has already run to the aroma of sweet pastries.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of the curd mass, you can use ordinary cottage cheese by simply mixing it with granulated sugar. In this case, for the aroma and taste, I add a little more vanilla sugar, literally, 10 grams.
- Also, puff pastry before baking can be greased with vegetable oil or an egg, diluted with water, in a ratio of one to one.
- In some recipes, chopped or ground walnuts are also added to the curd mass in the filling. But for my taste it’s much more interesting with almonds.
- Of course, for the preparation of puffs you can take yeast dough, but keep in mind that then they will turn out airy and more.