Ingredients for Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes
- Tomatoes (Kampari variety) 8-10 pieces (total weight 650 grams)
- Chicken egg 2 pieces (total weight 120 grams)
- Canned tuna in oil 1 can (240 grams)
- Green onion 1 bunch (weighing about 25-30 grams)
- Mayonnaise 1.5 tablespoons or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Table vinegar 9% 2 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Tuna, Onion, Tomato, Eggs
- Serving 8-10
- World Cuisine
A tablespoon, a teaspoon, a table fork, a kitchen sponge, a stove, a stewpan, a bowl, a kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces, a cutting board - 2-3 pieces, a can key, a deep plate, paper kitchen towels, a metal grate from the oven, large flat dish.
Cooking Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the eggs.
First, gently wash the eggs with a soft kitchen sponge. This step is not avoided, due to it the shell is cleaned, on which harmful microorganisms, which cause serious diseases, are very often present. After that, gently lower the testicles into the stewpan, fill it with cold running water 2-3 fingers higher, add a couple of tablespoons of salt, 9-% vinegar and put on medium heat. After boiling the liquid, we cook this ingredient hard-boiled for about 10-11 minutes, then using a tablespoon we transfer it to ice water and cool to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the tomatoes.
At the same time, when the eggs are boiled, we are engaged in tomatoes, you can choose any variety, the main thing is that they are small, nevertheless we are preparing a snack, not a second dish, so ordinary ones with a diameter of 3.5 to 4.5 are suitable centimeters, as well as medium ones like Cherry or Campari. Rinse the selected tomatoes thoroughly under trickles of water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and continue the preparation.
Using a sharp kitchen knife, we remove at each tomato a hat on the side of the stalk, 1 cm thick. Very carefully, remove the flesh from them with a teaspoon, so as not to damage the walls of the fruits, and put the cut down on a metal grate or board. We leave the vegetable in this form on 25-30 minutesto stack excess juice.
Step 3: prepare the green onions.
We don’t lose a minute, we start to deal with the rest of the ingredients that will be needed to prepare this miracle. We wash the green onion, shake it over the sink, dip it with paper towels and finely chop it on a clean board.
Step 4: prepare the boiled eggs.
Then we clear the cooled eggs from the shells, wash off the fragments from them, dry them, move them to a new board and chop them with another knife into cubes up to 1 centimeter in size;
Step 5: prepare canned tuna.
Then, using a special key for canned food, open a jar of tuna, drop the fish with oil into a deep plate and move on.
Step 6: prepare the filling for the tomatoes.
Add chopped eggs and most of the green onion to the tuna, while not forgetting to leave a little for decoration. Season everything to taste with salt, black pepper and grind these products with a table fork or spoon until a homogeneous consistency. After that, we fill the resulting mass with mayonnaise and mix again - the filling is ready, you can proceed to the next, almost final step!
Step 7: bring the appetizer to full readiness.
We turn the tomatoes upside down, again dip them inside with paper towels and use a teaspoon to fill each tomato with fish and egg filling so that it lies on a small slide. We decorate the resulting appetizer with the remnants of green onions and put on the table along with other goodies.
Step 8: serve the tuna stuffed tomatoes.
Tuna stuffed tomatoes are served immediately after cooking. Serve them on a large flat dish or in portions on plates as a snack before the second or first hot dishes. This dish does not need any additions, unless, at will, tomatoes can be decorated with twigs of other fresh herbs, for example, dill, parsley, cilantro and even basil. Cook with love and enjoy delicious homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- some housewives prepare the filling a day before stuffing the tomatoes so that it is infused and saturated with the aroma of spices;
- if you made a snack in advance, then it is better to tighten it with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until serving, there it can be, without changing its taste, from 1 to 3 hours;
- very often finely chopped pickles, capers, olives, olives, crushed hard cheese, crushed walnuts or pickled onions are often added to the filling. Putting all at once is not worth it; each of these ingredients individually will add a pleasant zest to the finished dish;
- the set of spices is not essential, supplement it with any spices, as well as dried herbs that are suitable for fish dishes, for example, marjoram, red pepper, paprika, thyme, rosemary or others.