Ingredients for Making Hot Cheese Sandwiches
- Bun (for hot dogs) 2 pieces
- Green onion 2-4 feathers
- Garlic 1 clove
- Hard cheese 150 grams
- Sour cream 1 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Cheese, Sour Cream, Bread
- Portion 2-4
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces, a cutting board - 2-3 pieces, a grater, a bowl, a tablespoon, paper kitchen towels, an oven, a non-stick pan, oven mitts, a wide kitchen spatula, and a serving plate.
Cooking hot cheese sandwiches:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, peel the clove of garlic, and green onions get rid of the roots. Then we wash these vegetables under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and finely chop them into pieces of no more than 2-3 millimeters with a sharp kitchen knife.
Then we take a couple, not very fresh buns for hot dogs, send them to a new board and, using a clean knife, cut each bread product lengthwise into 2 equal flat parts.
Then we print out the hard cheese, optionally remove the paraffin crust from it and chop the product on a large, medium or small grater into a small but deep bowl. After that we turn on the oven for heating 180 degrees celsius, put the rest of the ingredients on the countertop, as well as the inventory that will be needed to prepare the dish, and move on.
Step 2: prepare the cheese mass.
In a bowl with hard cheese, add chopped onions, garlic, to taste salt and black pepper.
Pour a little sour cream with mayonnaise there and grind everything or mix with a tablespoon or spoon.
Step 3: form the cheese sandwiches.
Next, we divide the cheese mixture into 4 equal parts and, helping ourselves with a knife, apply one portion for each slice of hot dog rolls. We spread the semi-finished sandwiches at the bottom of a high-quality non-stick baking sheet with a thick bottom and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 4: make hot cheese sandwiches.
We check the oven and, if it has warmed up to the desired temperature, put the formed products on the middle rack. Bake them for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is covered with a delicate golden crust. Then we pull the kitchen potholders onto our hands and move the baking sheet onto a cutting board previously laid on the countertop. Pry each sandwich with a wide kitchen spatula. We distribute them in portions on plates and immediately go to taste.
Step 5: serve hot cheese sandwiches.
Hot cheese sandwiches are served immediately after cooking on a large flat dish or in portions on plates as a snack or a great addition to breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. Light vegetable salad, marinades or pickles to taste will help to refresh this miracle, and it’s nice to savor cheese bread with fresh cold or hot drinks, for example, tea, coffee, cocoa, chocolate, juice, compote, jelly or whatever you like. Of course, 2-4 servings is not enough, so stock up on products and cook with pleasure!
Enjoy your meal!
- a garlic clove can not be chopped, but simply squeezed out through a special press;
- if desired, you can make assorted cheese by mixing several types of this crushed product;
- very often, slices of bread are first poured with melted butter, from which after baking their crumb acquires a delicate, very soft, not overdried structure;
- some housewives add to the cheese mass a little finely chopped sausages or boiled, baked, and also fried meat of any kind;
- an alternative to rolls - bread of any kind;
- sometimes a couple of rings of tomatoes, pickles, a few slices of sweet salad pepper, sliced pickled mushrooms, are put on bread, and only after that, the cheese mass is applied;
- if you are worried that the lower part of the sandwiches will burn, then it is better to cover the baking sheet with baking or parchment paper, in extreme cases, with aluminum foil;
- This dish can be cooked in the microwave. This is done very simply! The bottom of non-stick flat utensils is covered with paper napkins, and formed sandwiches are laid out on them. After that, they are sent to the microwave and baked for 2 minutes at full capacity. This option is bad in that the dish is not so browned and even slightly moist, but also very tasty.