Ingredients for making pancakes in water and milk
- Pasteurized whole milk 300 milliliters
- Purified water 300 milliliters
- Wheat flour (sifted) 500 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1.5 teaspoons
- Refined vegetable oil 3 tablespoons per dough and 1 teaspoon for frying
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Milk, Flour
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, measuring cup, tablespoon, teaspoon, deep bowl, whisk, stove, frying pan with low sides (diameter 25 centimeters), a wide kitchen spatula, cutting board, large flat dish or serving plate.
Cooking pancakes in water and milk:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
First, break one raw chicken egg into a deep bowl and add salt and sugar. Shake these products lightly with a whisk to a uniform consistency and add to them the required amount of purified water, whole pasteurized milk, as well as baking soda, extinguished with 9% vinegar. Beat everything up again and begin to pour the sifted wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade, into the resulting mass.
We act gradually, tossing this ingredient in small portions, while kneading batter without lumps, similar in structure to kefir. Then we introduce odorless refined vegetable oil into it and again loosen everything until smooth until the droplets of fat dissolve completely. After that, leave the dough alone on 15-20 minutes, for which the flour will swell a little and make the semi-finished flour more thick.
Step 2: fry pancakes in water and milk.
Then we select a rather large flat pan with a diameter of 25-26 centimeters, put it on high heat and send to this dish a teaspoon of vegetable oil, which will be used only once, when frying the first pancake! After a couple of minutes, when the fat is hot, we pour about 75 milliliters of this dough into a thin stream, this is about half a soup ladle. We immediately raise the pan, with an inclined movement of the hand we distribute the semi-finished flour product throughout its bottom, so that it spreads in an even layer with a thickness no more than 2 millimeters, and again we put it on the stove.
Fry the pancake on one side for about 30-40 seconds, or until the edge is browned. Then we pry the round round with a wide kitchen spatula, turn it over and cook until golden brown, about 20-30 seconds. After that, we move the resulting product on a large flat dish or chopping board, in the same way we make the remaining pancakes until the dough ends, and begin the tasting!
Step 3: serve pancakes in water and milk.
Pancakes on water and milk, like any others, are best served warm, but how to serve this miracle depends only on your desire. Some put them on the table as a dessert, along with butter, sour cream, cream, condensed milk, jam, jam or other goodies. Others fill them with spicy or sweet filling, for example, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, stewed vegetables, finely chopped fruits, and these are just a few of the possible options. Then they form an envelope, a roll or a triangle from each pancake, fry them in creamy fat and use them as a full hearty breakfast, a great addition to lunch or a delicious afternoon snack, as well as dinner. Savoring this Russian culinary masterpiece, of course, is pleasant with a seagull, although each one has his own taste and it all depends on your preferences. Cook with pleasure and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
- Be sure to sift the wheat flour before cooking any flour products! Due to this not-so-cunning process, this ingredient dries, becomes more friable, saturated with oxygen, and also gets rid of any kind of litter, which very often gets into bags;
- if during cooking the toasting dough begins to break, do not rush to add flour, it is better to break another chicken egg into it. Shake everything again until smooth and try to make a pancake. After this, the semi-finished flour should become more dense. Does the dough break again? If so, then of course you can’t do without flour, after all, it is the basis of any dishes of this type, so it is better that this ingredient is of the highest quality, with the maximum amount of gluten;
- pancakes can be cooked in homemade milk, but before use it is better to boil it well and cool to room temperature;
- very often, before frying the first pancake, the pan is greased not with vegetable, but with butter or a piece of raw bacon, from which a very thin layer of fat remains on the surface of the hot dishes;
- depending on the choice of filling, the following spices can be added to the dough: if the sweet filler is vanilla sugar, cinnamon, citrus zest, as well as fruit or berry essences, if the spicy filler is any spices and dried herbs that are put in yeast bread dough.