Ingredients for cooking kebab cooked in the oven
- Fresh pork pulp 2 kilograms
- Fresh pork bacon 0.7-1 kg
- Medium Onion 4 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Dried zira spice 1 pinch
- Spice coriander grains dried 1 pinch
- Turmeric spice 2 pinches
- Table vinegar 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 medium lemon
- Main ingredients: Pork, Lard, Onion
- Serving 7 servings
Cutting board, Knife, Deep bowl, Coarse grater, Food foil, Oven, Baking tray, Oven grill, Tablespoon, Wooden barbecue sticks, Pan cover, Kitchen gloves, Flat serving dish, Kitchen paper towels
Cooking barbecue cooked in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the meat.
Rinse the pork well under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the meat from the film, veins and fat. Now cut the component into small pieces the size of a walnut and transfer to a deep bowl. Attention: try to chop the pork so that the slices are the same size. Thanks to this, the meat is well baked from all sides and will be very tasty.
Step 2: prepare the lard.
We wash the fat under running water, wipe it dry with kitchen paper towels and put it on a cutting board. Chop the ingredient finer than pork. Attention: the amount of slices of fat should be equal to the amount of chopped pork. Shredded component is transferred to a container with meat.
Step 3: prepare the onion.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse under running water. Then we rub each vegetable on a coarse grater directly on a cutting board. At the end, we shift the onion shavings into a bowl with meat and lard.
Step 4: marinate the kebab.
To taste, add salt and red ground pepper to a bowl with the main components. We sprinkle with spices such as zira, coriander seeds and turmeric. To give the kebab a specific flavor, add table vinegar and squeeze the juice from the lemon with your hands. In the end, mix everything thoroughly with clean hands until smooth, cover the bowl with a suitable diameter lid and set aside to pickle at least for 1 hour.
Step 5: cook the kebab cooked in the oven.
First of all, turn on the oven so that it is heated to the desired temperature - 250 ° C. Now cover the baking sheet with foil, shiny side up. We spread pieces of bacon on its surface in an arbitrary order. After that we put on top of the baking sheet the grill from the oven and begin to form a barbecue. String the pieces of pork on skewers, alternating them with pieces of bacon. In this case, we are sure to finish last. Attention: very tightly string pieces is not worth it. We lay out the finished dish at a short distance from each other on the grill. Put the baking sheet in the oven to the middle level. As the kebab is baked on the baking sheet, the meat juice will begin to drain, and then the lard itself will melt. It should be so, so we closely monitor the cooking process. After a while, the top of the kebab will begin to brown, while the bottom will still be pale. This will be due to the reflective features of the foil itself. And now the fun begins! When the fat from the fat spreads over the entire surface of the baking sheet, it will begin to smoke slightly, thereby smoking the kebab itself. This is what we need. Immediately after that we turn the dish over with the golden side down and continue to cook the kebab for just a couple of minutes. After - with the help of kitchen gloves, we take out a baking sheet with a grate from the oven and set it aside.
Step 6: serve the kebab cooked in the oven.
We shift the finished barbecue on a flat plate and serve it to the dinner or holiday table. If desired, the dish can be sprinkled with thin half rings of onion, chopped parsley or a green onion. But as a dressing, ketchup, mayonnaise or barbecue sauce is perfect.
- If you have an electric oven, then it is best to put the baking sheet on an average level, and at the end turn on the convector for quick browning of the meat. In the case of a gas stove, it is best to use the highest level. And if you have a stove with a grill, then place a baking tray with a barbecue on the lowest tier, and at the last moment rearrange it under the grill. And most importantly: so that the meat does not burn after 10 minutes of baking, it is best to put a ladle of hot water on the bottom of the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- In addition to pork, veal or lamb is also suitable for making barbecue. If you use lamb, then it is best to cut it off the top of the thigh.
- No matter what amount of meat you use, you need to know that 1 onion per half kilogram of this ingredient.
- For marinating barbecue you can use only freshly squeezed lemon juice without vinegar.