Ingredients for Making Gelatin Chicken Roll
- Fresh broiler chicken 1 piece (weight 1 kilogram 500 grams)
- Classic liquid mustard (without impurities) 1 teaspoon
- Gelatin 30 grams
- Marjoram to taste
- Dried ground basil to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Garlic granules to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Chicken, Mustard
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl, plastic wrap, aluminum cling foil, heat-resistant or non-stick baking dish, oven, kitchen oven mitts, fridge, large flat dish or portioned plate.
Cooking chicken roll with gelatin:
Step 1: prepare the chicken.
First, we go to the store and choose a fresh broiler chicken of medium size. We bring it home and rinse thoroughly under trickles of cold running water inside and outside, while using tweezers or a sharp kitchen knife, ridding it of the remains of feathers and thin hairs. Then, if there are offal in the carcass, that is, the kidneys, liver, ventricle and heart, we remove it.
Then we dry the chicken with paper kitchen towels, put it on a board and cut it into pieces: hips, back, legs, wings and breast. We rid these parts of the skin and, if possible, remove all meat from the bones.
Then we cut it into small pieces about 1.5 centimeters in size and beat them a little with a kitchen hammer, so that they just become a little softer and not turn into porridge. After that we send the chicken into a deep bowl, season with liquid classic mustard, sprinkle with gelatin, to taste salt, black ground pepper, marjoram, dried basil, oregano, paprika and garlic granules. Mix everything with clean hands until a homogeneous consistency and leave parts of the bird alone on 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: form the chicken roll with gelatin.
Next, turn on the oven for heating at 200 degrees Celsius and find a small, preferably long, narrow, but you can use a regular rectangular non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish. Then again we cover the tabletop with cling film and spread on its middle chicken meat mixed with spices and gelatin. We carefully assemble the roll, wrapping it with polyethylene in two or three layers. We try to do this so that the film does not get inside.
After that, we wrap several layers of aluminum food foil on the formed product without leaving a single slit or peeking polyethylene. We move the resulting "sausage" seam up into the baking dish, pour a glass of purified water there and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 3: bake chicken roll with gelatin.
We check the oven and, if it has warmed up to the desired temperature, put a still wet roll on the middle rack. Bake it for one hour, after which he will reach full readiness. When this happens, we pull the kitchen gloves in our hands, move the hot dishes with the meat product onto the countertop and, without removing it, allow it to cool to room temperature. Then send it in the fridge 2-3, although it is better 4-5 hoursto freeze, and after that you can start the tasting.
Step 4: serve the chicken roll with gelatin.
After insisting, the chicken roll with gelatin eliminates foil, as well as polyethylene. Then they move it onto a cutting board, cut it crosswise into serving slices with a sharp kitchen knife, lay them on a large flat dish or in portions on plates, decorate with fresh herbs, vegetable slices, marinades or pickles if desired and put on a casual or festive table as a snack.
Also, this dish can be an excellent substitute for sausages, for example, as a complement to a rich breakfast, lunch or dinner. Cook with love and enjoy delicious food!
Enjoy your meal!
- at will chicken meat can be grinded, this will make the roll more tender;
- very often chicken slices mixed with spices and gelatin are placed in a thermal bag from juice. Using a stapler, seal it so that there are no gaps, make a mark where the contents end, and put it upside down in a pan with boiled water, while the liquid should reach the drawn division. Then they roll the roll for about an hour and a half, after which they take the bag out of the pan and, without opening it, cool its contents to room temperature. After that, the almost finished snack is removed in the refrigerator until it completely solidifies, that is, for 2-3 or 5 hours;
- sometimes finely chopped bell pepper and herbs are added to the meat: dill, parsley, cilantro, green onion, basil;
- instead of a plastic film, you can use a bag for baking;
- the spices indicated in the recipe are not fundamental, their quantity and composition can be changed based on personal taste preferences, but at the same time, of course, it is better to choose those spices as well as dried herbs that are suitable for chicken dishes.