Ingredients for making chicken in cheese batter
- Chicken fillet 400 grams
- Hard cheese 80-100 grams
- Mayonnaise or sour cream 3 tablespoons
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Sifted wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mix of spices for chicken to taste and desire
- Vegetable oil 50-60 milliliters or to taste
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Eggs, Cheese
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, kitchen knife, cutting board, grater, bowl, deep plate, stove, paper kitchen towels, frying pan, wooden kitchen spatula, table fork or whisk, large flat dish.
Cooking chicken in cheese batter:
Step 1: prepare the chicken fillet.
First of all, we take fresh chicken fillet, washed thoroughly under trickles of cold running water, dried with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and with the help of a sharp kitchen knife we get rid of excess fat, film, and also cartilage. Then cut it across the fibers into slices of arbitrary length, with a thickness of not more than 1 centimeter, they will not fight back, therefore it is better not to increase the size! After that, we send the meat to a clean bowl and crush it from all sides to taste with salt, black pepper and a mixture of spices. Thoroughly mix everything with clean hands, so that the spices stick around the cut from all sides, and leave the chicken alone on 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: prepare the batter.
Meanwhile, beat the back of the knife with a chicken egg and send it to a deep plate or small bowl. We put sour cream or mayonnaise there and beat these products to a uniform lush consistency for 40-60 seconds using a table fork, although a whisk is also suitable. Then we add salt, ground black pepper to the resulting mass to taste, pour in the sifted wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade and chop a piece of hard cheese on a fine or medium grater. Again, mix everything to a homogeneous state, as a result, you should get a dough of medium density, as for pancakes - this is a batter!
Step 3: cook the chicken in cheese batter.
Now we put the pan on a small fire, pour vegetable oil into it and allow it to warm up. We don’t lose a minute, roll a piece of chicken breast on all sides in batter. After a few minutes, dip the first portion of meat in a well-heated fat and cook on both sides, about 2-3 minutes each. The cheese melts very quickly, so we make sure that the batter does not burn, but becomes crispy and rosy, so the fire is periodically adjusted from small to medium level. When the chicken is covered with a golden crust, with the help of a kitchen spatula we transfer the finished dish onto a paper kitchen towel, previously spread out on the countertop, and give it the opportunity to absorb excess fat. After that, serve the slices on a large flat dish and go to taste it!
Step 4: serve the chicken in cheese batter.
Chicken fillet in cheese is a fancy second course main course for breakfast, lunch or dinner, although you can eat this miracle for an afternoon snack.
Chicken fillet in cheese batter is a full-fledged main course for breakfast, lunch or dinner, although you can eat this miracle for an afternoon snack. Serving of such meat depends on your preferences, any side dish will suit it, for example, mashed potatoes, salads, pasta, cereals, stewed, boiled or baked vegetables, although a piece of fresh bread, any marinades or pickles, as well as mustard ketchup can also be a pretty good option. Cook with love and enjoy a truly delicious meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- sometimes this dish is prepared in a different way. Fillet in batter is fried in a pan for only 20-30 seconds on both sides to a tender blush and sent to the oven, preheated to 200 degrees Celsius, for 10 minutes or baked until crisp;
- very often the fillets are soaked for about 1 hour in milk to make them softer, or they are kept in a spicy marinade of dairy products and vegetables, and only then they are rolled in batter and fried;
- a set of spices is not essential, complement it with any spices and dried herbs that are suitable for chicken dishes;
- very often in the batter put a little peeled and squeezed through the press cloves of garlic, dried dill, parsley, cilantro or basil;
- an alternative to sour cream or mayonnaise - homemade cream.