Ingredients for cooking salmon in foil in a slow cooker
- Salmon 1 kilogram (filet with skin or steaks)
- Lemon 1 piece
- Dill 1 bunch (weight 50 grams)
- Butter 50 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water 1 cup
- Main ingredients: Salmon, Lemon, Butter, Greens
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
A glass (capacity 240 milliliters), a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, a deep bowl, a bowl, a table fork, kitchen scissors, paper kitchen towels, a crock-pot, aluminum food foil, a wide kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, a large flat dish or portioned plate.
Cooking salmon in foil in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the oil, herbs and lemon.
First of all, about 20-30 minutes before the start of cooking, spread the butter on the countertop and give it the opportunity to soften, that is, become very soft. Then rinse a bunch of dill and lemon, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns to move to a cutting board and continue preparation. Just chop the greens finely with a sharp kitchen knife and temporarily set aside. Cut the citrus into 2 halves, shred one of them with rings, and leave the second whole and also forget about this ingredient before use.
Step 2: prepare and pickle salmon.
Then we take fresh or thawed salmon fillet, sliced in portions, although steaks 1.5-2 centimeters thick are also suitable. We wash the fish thoroughly, dry, send it into a deep bowl, sprinkle to taste with salt, black pepper, pour fresh juice from half of uncut lemon, mix everything until smooth and leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: prepare a mixture of oil and herbs.
Meanwhile, we put softened butter in a small bowl, add chopped dill greens to it, add a little more salt if desired, grind everything with a table fork into a thick aromatic slurry and move on.
Step 4: prepare the salmon for baking.
Using kitchen scissors, cut a piece of about 60-70 centimeters from aluminum foil, put it in two layers and place it on the countertop. In the middle of the aluminum sheet we lower the slices of the pickled fish and grease each with a dill-oil mass, so that it lies evenly. We connect the ends of the foil and form a sealed bag without cracks.
Step 5: prepare the salmon in foil in a slow cooker.
Then we insert the plug of the multicooker into the outlet, install the Teflon bowl in it, pour a glass of purified water into it and put an aluminum bag with the fish seam up. We cover the kitchen appliance with a tight-fitting lid, set the "Baking" mode for 30 minutes and press the "Start" button.
After about 15 minutes check the water level in the bowl, if it has boiled away, add it and continue to cook the dish for the remaining time. As soon as the miracle technology is turned off, notifying you that the work has finished with the appropriate sound signal, carefully lift the lid, use two kitchen vanes to move the aluminum bag onto a large flat dish and also gently open it at the seam. Then we distribute the fish in portions on plates and offer the family to taste the salmon tidbits.
Step 6: serve the salmon in foil in the multicooker.
Salmon in foil in a slow cooker is a great full-fledged second course for lunch or dinner, but you can also enjoy it for breakfast. Serve this yummy in portions on plates, optionally decorated with fresh sprigs of dill and lemon rings, and as a side dish for this culinary masterpiece, you can offer mashed potatoes, salads, stewed, baked or boiled vegetables, rice, cereals from various cereals or pasta. Cook with love and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, before cooking, salmon can be seasoned in a marinade based on soy sauce, garlic, onions or lemon juice with the addition of vegetables;
- an alternative to butter is vegetable, although this makes the taste of the finished dish less soft, and dill - parsley;
- very often this dish is done differently. The slow cooker is turned on, a glass of water is poured into its bowl, a double boiler is placed on it and an aluminum bag of fish is laid out there. Then they close the lid, select the “steaming” mode for 25 minutes and, after the end of the program, serve yummy to the table;
- the spices indicated in the recipe are not essential, you can use any mixture of spices and dried herbs that are suitable for fish dishes;
- This recipe is suitable for a multicooker of any brand.