Ingredients for making a "Sour cream" classic cake
For the test:
- Wheat flour 8 tablespoons with a hill
- Butter or margarine 100 grams per dough and 30 grams for molds
- Condensed milk 1 can
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Cocoa (bitter powder) 1-1.5 tablespoons
- Soda 1 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 9% 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 100 grams
- Sour cream 20-25% fat 600 milliliters
- Main Ingredients: Oil, Sour Cream, Flour, Sugar, Condensed Milk
- World Cuisine
A tablespoon, a teaspoon, a kitchen scale, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 3 pieces, a non-stick form with removable sides (diameter 21 cm), an oven, a mixer, a deep bowl - 3 pieces, a pastry spatula, wooden skewer, kitchen tacks , large flat dish, portioned plate.
Cooking cake "Sour cream" classic:
Step 1: prepare the butter.
First of all, about 1-1.5 hours before starting to make the cake, put the butter on the countertop and give it the opportunity to soften. Of course, you can melt it, but we make dessert according to the classic recipe, so we will follow all the rules.
Step 2: prepare the oven and baking dish.
When the butter melts, we separate from it a small piece weighing about 25-30 grams and grease the bottom with it, as well as the inside of the removable sides of two non-stick forms. The dough is cooked very quickly, so at the same time we spread the rest of the products that are needed for the dish on the countertop, using a special key, open a jar of condensed milk, turn on the oven to heat in 180 degrees celsius and move on.
Step 3: prepare the dough.
Put the remaining butter in a deep bowl and add a couple of unshell eggs to it. We put the dishes with these products under the blades of a mixer or a blender with a special nozzle and beat them at the highest speed to a lush mass without lumps. It will take about 4-5 minutes, although everything is relative and depends only on the power of your kitchen appliance.
When the mixture acquires a uniform lush structure, pour the condensed milk into it and again shake everything at high speeds for 2-3 minutes.
Then we extinguish the baking soda with 9% vinegar and sift the right amount of wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade, through a fine mesh sieve.
We mix all the ingredients at low speed until smooth, as a result, the dough should come out, in consistency resembling a rather thick sour cream. Divide it into 2 equal parts, one of which is transferred to a clean bowl, add cocoa powder to the same and mix it well with a tablespoon. Now it turned out two types of semi-finished flour: brown and white.
In turn, we distribute them according to separate forms prepared for baking.
Align slightly, so that the dough lies in an even layer, and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: bake the cakes.
At the same time, we put the still raw cake bases in the oven preheated to the desired temperature on the middle rack and bake for 20-25 minutes. Then check their density with a wooden skewer or match. Just in turn, enter the wand into the resulting rounds and get it. If there are pieces of sticky dough left on the tree, we prepare the cakes further.
Baked? If so, then we pull the kitchen potholders onto our hands, move the forms onto the countertop and leave them at room temperature on 7-10 minutes. After that, we carefully remove the sides, pry the basics with a wide kitchen spatula, transfer them to separate cutting boards and allow to cool completely.
Step 5: prepare the cream.
We don’t lose a minute, put sour cream in a deep bowl, pour granulated sugar and put this dish under the blades of the same but clean mixer or blender. We turn on the kitchen appliance at low speed and begin to gradually mix the product, step by step increasing the speed of technology.
Of course, a thick cream will not work, this is a classic, so do not be nervous and mix everything until the sugar grains are completely dissolved, as well as more or less uniform splendor. It will take about 10-15 minutes to prepare this miracle, but again, be guided by your kitchen appliance. Then put the cream in the refrigerator before use and return to the flour basics.
Step 6: prepare the cakes for the formation of the cake.
In turn, we lay out on each cake a flat board or a lid from the pan and separate slightly dried edges from the round flour.
Immediately grind the trimmings in any convenient way, for example, simply break it into small pieces in a clean deep plate or grind it into crumbs using a stationary blender.
Then, with a sharp knife for slicing bread, divide each base transversely into two equal layers and remove the cream from the refrigerator.
Step 7: form a cake "Sour cream" classic.
Now we take the brown flour layer, put it on a large flat dish and with the help of a pastry spatula, grease with a generous portion of the cream.
From above, we hoist one part of the white base and also process it with sour cream. In this way, we form a cake until all the cakes are over, then grease its sides with the rest of the cream and sprinkle with chopped flour scraps.
Now we tighten the fragrant dessert with plastic wrap and send to the refrigerator at least 7-8, but ideally for 12-14 hours, after which you can start tasting.
Step 8: serve the cake "Sour cream" classic.
Classic Sour Cream Cake - a dessert for a festive or everyday meal. After infusion, it is placed on the countertop, divided into 8-12 servings, distributed on plates and savored with fresh hot or cold drinks, such as tea, coffee, chocolate, jelly, compote, juice, a harmful but very tasty sparkling water, dairy products or whatever you like best. Cook with love and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you are not sure of your baking dish and are afraid that the dough will burn or leak through the cracks, then this dish should be prepared differently. This is done very simply. First, remove from the sides. Then cover each lower base with a small piece of baking or parchment paper, so that it goes beyond the edges. After that, we again install the sides, tighten them tightly, grease the inside of the dishes with oil and distribute the dough into forms, now it will not run away 100%;
- very often, a little pure vanilla on the tip of a knife or a teaspoon of the liquid extract of this spice is added to a white flour semi-finished product;
- sour cream turns out to be quite tasty and ideal for the classic version, but for many housewives, like me, it seems rather liquid. Therefore, if you want the snow-white dairy product to be condensed to the consistency you need, use a bag of thickener for sour cream. It is better to add it after all the sugar grains have dissolved, and whip the cream with this ingredient for at least another 5-7 minutes, after which the mass will gradually begin to resemble whipped proteins;
- the decor for the cake can be chosen to taste, for example, pour it with melted chocolate and sprinkle with nuts, chopped dried fruits, dried berries, crumbs from cookies or waffles.