Ingredients for making Beijing cabbage salad with grapes
- Fresh chicken fillet 400 grams
- Beijing cabbage 1 medium head
- Grapes dark seedless (berries) 150 grams
- Fresh pistachios 1-2 handfuls
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Curry spice to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Chicken, Grapes
- Serving 4 servings
Kitchen stove, salad bowl or serving dish, tablespoon, cutting board, kitchen knife, plate - 2 pieces, large bowl, frying pan, wooden spatula, saucer
Making a salad of Beijing cabbage with grapes:
Step 1: prepare the chicken fillet.
Thoroughly wash the chicken fillet under running warm water and then put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the meat from veins, films, cartilage and fat. Next, cut the component into small strips or cubes. In fact, it does not matter what shape the fillet will be, the main thing is that it be small. We chop the chopped meat in a free plate and sprinkle with a small amount of salt, freshly ground black pepper, and also ground curry. With clean hands, mix everything well until smooth, and then put the pan on medium heat.
Pour some vegetable oil here (approximately 1-2 tablespoons) and let it warm up well. Immediately after that, carefully spread the chopped chicken fillet into the pan and, stirring it with a wooden spatula from time to time, fry until tender and a soft golden crust appears on the surface. At the end, turn off the burner, and set the capacity aside.
Step 2: prepare the Beijing cabbage.
We wash the head of Beijing cabbage well under running warm water, be sure to shake off excess liquid, since this vegetable likes to absorb moisture, and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the component in strips and immediately move it into a deep bowl.
Step 3: prepare the grapes.
We wash the grape berries under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut them in half or quarter (depending on size). Shredded grapes are briefly transferred to a clean plate.
Step 4: prepare the pistachios.
We put the pistachios on a cutting board and clean our husks with clean hands. Then, using a knife, finely chop the nuts and pour them into a free saucer. Attention: it is not necessary to use this component, as it serves more as decoration than a flavoring supplement in a dish.
Step 5: prepare a salad of Beijing cabbage with grapes.
In a bowl with chopped Beijing cabbage, spread the fried chicken fillet, halves of grapes, and pour the mayonnaise. Important: add the sauce a little so that the salad does not turn out liquid. It takes me about the amount of ingredients indicated in the recipe 2-3 tablespoons. So, we mix everything well with improvised inventory until smooth.
At the end, transfer the salad to a salad bowl or to a special plate and sprinkle with finely chopped pistachios before serving.
Step 6: serve Beijing cabbage salad with grapes.
Ready-made Beijing cabbage salad with grapes can be served immediately at the dining table. In fact, the dish, although light, doesn’t rely on anything else except a glass of dry red wine and a pleasant conversationalist. Such a salad can easily be prepared on Valentine's Day, March 8, or just to pamper your family.
- instead of mayonnaise, you can take natural yogurt without homemade additives. In this case, I also advise adding 2 small cloves of garlic, 1 pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the sauce. Mix all this in advance in a separate container, and only then fill the salad. Based on the ingredients indicated in the recipe, you need half a glass of yogurt;
- instead of pistachios, you can chop walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews or pecans in a dish;
- if you did not find dark seedless grapes, then replace it with quiche-mish. So the salad is also very tasty.