Ingredients for making chicken roll with dried apricots
- Fresh chicken fillet 350-400 grams
- Dried apricots 100-120 grams
- Hard cheese 160-200 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Refined vegetable oil 10-20 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Dried apricots, Cheese
- Serving 3 servings
Kitchen paper towels, small bowl, cutting board, kitchen knife, large flat plate - 2 pieces, cling film, kitchen hammer, medium grater, kitchen table, food foil, baking sheet, oven, kitchen gloves, kitchen tongs, serving dish, pastry shop brush
Cooking chicken roll with dried apricots:
Step 1: prepare dried apricots.
Dried apricots are washed slightly under running warm water and put in a small bowl. Next, fill it with boiling water and leave aside for 5-7 minutes until the dried fruit swells.
Immediately after that, carefully drain the liquid, and transfer the components to kitchen paper towels and allow to dry completely. In the meantime, prepare the chicken and cheese.
Step 2: prepare hard cheese.
Using a medium grater, we grate hard cheese directly on a cutting board. Next, pour the chips into a large flat plate and leave it alone for a while.
Step 3: prepare the chicken fillet.
We carefully wash the chicken fillet under running warm water, wipe it with kitchen paper towels and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the meat from veins, films, cartilage and excess fat. Now cut the breast along the fibers, but not to the end, so that we get an open book.
Next, cover the chicken fillet with cling film (so that the juice does not splatter in all directions) and, using a kitchen hammer, beat the meat until it becomes about a thickness 0.5 centimeters.
At the end, we rub the component on both sides with a small amount of salt and ground black pepper and move it to a free flat plate. Let it lie down like that 10-15 minutes and soaked in spices.
Step 4: prepare chicken roll with dried apricots.
We lay the chicken fillet back on the cutting board and begin to form the roll. First, sprinkle the surface of the meat with grated cheese. Then, having covered everything with cling film, we press everything with clean, dry hands so that the last component does not go out of bounds when we wrap the breast. After that we remove the film, and from one edge of the meat we put dried apricots in one row.
Next, tightly wrap the filling in the fillet so that from the side we get a roll.
Then spread two pieces of food foil crosswise on the kitchen table. In the center we place the chicken roll and, using a pastry brush, grease its surface with a small amount of vegetable oil. Wrap the dish in foil so that there are no holes anywhere.
Now we spread everything upside down on a baking sheet and pour a little ordinary cool water here. Turn on the oven and heat it to temperature 170-180 degrees. Immediately after that we put the capacity on the middle level and bake the roll for 30-35 minutes. Attention: if you want the dish to lightly brown, then in 7-10 minutes until the end of the cooking, using kitchen tacks we take out a baking sheet and gently open the foil on top so that heat gets inside. We put the container back and wait for the allotted minutes to end. At the end, turn off the oven, and take out the pan and set aside. Let the chicken roll cool slightly.
Step 5: serve chicken roll with dried apricots.
When the chicken roll with dried apricots becomes warm, with the help of kitchen tongs we transfer it to a special plate and, using a knife, cut into portions.
We serve the dish at the dinner table as a snack for another meal (for example, mashed potatoes, boiled rice or just a salad of fresh vegetables and bread). By the way, the roll turns out to be very tasty and fragrant, so that they can easily treat friends at the festive table.
- any hard cheese is suitable for the filling. For example, Kostroma, Russian, Adygea, Marble and others. The only thing that can slightly change is the taste of the dish. Depending on the cheese, it will be more salty or sweetish;
- to make it easier to open the foil structure later, you can put the roll in the center and first of all wrap the longer edges of the segments inward. Then connect the short parts of the foil and also roll into a roll. Subsequently, meat will be easier to deploy when the oven is at a high temperature;
- if you want to treat your household and friends with cold snacks, then you need to leave the roll for a while aside, and only then cut it into portions.