Ingredients for Making Dietary Steam Cutlets
- Fresh chicken fillet 300 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- White bread 1 small slice
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Small onion 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Chicken, Bread
- Serving 4 servings
Cutting board, kitchen knife, deep bowl, Turk, stove, kitchen potholders, fork, saucer, plate, meat grinder or blender, medium bowl, double boiler, kitchen spatula, serving dish, tablespoon
Cooking Dietary Steam Cutlets:
Step 1: prepare the milk.
We need milk for bread, so we pour it into a Turk and put on medium heat. Watch him, as it should boil. Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and set the container with kitchen tacks aside.
Step 2: prepare the bread.
With clean hands, we break the bread into small pieces, or even spread the slice on a cutting board and, using a knife, chop the component in large cubes. Shredded bread is moved to a deep bowl and pour hot milk. Leave all for 5 minutes. During this time, the bread should absorb all the liquid and become soft.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. Now put the component on a cutting board and cut into four parts. We chop the chopped onion in a free saucer.
Step 4: prepare the chicken fillet.
Thoroughly wash the chicken fillet under running warm water, then shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the meat from veins, films, cartilage, as well as excess fat. Now cut the component into small pieces and transfer to a free plate.
Step 5: prepare minced meat for cutlets.
There are two ways to prepare minced meat. The first is to take turns to put the softened bread, slices of chicken and onion into a meat grinder and grind everything through a fine wire rack.
The second option (easier and more convenient, as for me): place the ingredients in a blender bowl and grind everything at high speed to a homogeneous mass.
In any case, transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and continue to cook minced meat for cutlets. Using a knife, break the eggshell, and pour the yolk with protein into the same container. We also add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix thoroughly with a tablespoon or clean hands. We should have a viscous homogeneous mass, from which it is easy to mold cutlets.
Step 6: prepare diet steam cutlets.
With clean hands, we take a little from the total mass of minced meat and form oblong balls. Important: so that the mixture does not stick, always wet your fingers under running cool water. Next, slightly squeeze each ball and put into the bowl of a double boiler.
When all the patties are formed, we begin to cook them. To do this, set approximately 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the meat cakes) and cover the appliance with a lid. When the corresponding signal sounds, we begin to serve the dining table. Important: do not rush to get the dish out of the double boiler, but simply remove the lid and let it cool slightly.
Step 7: Serve Dietary Steam Cutlets.
Diet steam cutlets are very tasty and tender. Using a kitchen spatula, we get them out of a double boiler and put them on a special plate. Garnishing with sprigs of greens, we serve the dish to the dinner table along with side dishes such as mashed potatoes, buckwheat porridge, rice, as well as pickles or a salad of fresh vegetables.
- for the preparation of meatballs it is not necessary to use minced chicken. It can also be turkey, beef or a mixture in general. So the dish is no less tasty, so you can easily try and experiment;
- for aroma and piquancy, a couple of small cloves of garlic, as well as other spices to your taste, can be added to the minced meat. For example, "suneli hops", ground coriander or basil;
- if you do not have a double boiler, do not be discouraged, as cutlets can be prepared in another way. For it you will need a large pot and colander (preferably with a flat bottom). So, pour a little water into the pan and put on medium heat. When the liquid boils, put a colander in the pan. Attention: make sure that the top container does not come into contact with hot water. Now put the patties here, fasten the burner and cover the structure with a lid. If you see gaps somewhere, then it is best to carefully cover with a cloth towel to prevent steam from escaping from the holes. It turns out, so the dish is cooked in a water bath. By the way, I once tried such cutlets from my girlfriend, so they turned out to be even nothing, in no way inferior to those that are cooked in a double boiler.