Ingredients for making turkey liver paste
- Fresh turkey liver 500 grams
- Onion 200 grams
- Carrot 300 grams
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Butter 200-250 grams
- Dried ground basil to taste
- Sunflower hops to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredientsLiver, Onion, Carrot, Butter
- Serving 12 Servings
Cutting board, kitchen knife, frying pan, wooden spatula, stove, meat grinder or blender, small bowl, plate - 2 pieces, medium pan with a lid, slotted spoon, deep serving bowl, tablespoon, saucer, food container with a lid, refrigerator, vegetable cutter, medium bowl
Cooking turkey liver paste:
Step 1: prepare the butter.
We spread the butter on a cutting board and, using a knife, chop in small pieces. The crushed component is moved to a free saucer and set aside for a while. The oil should independently reach room temperature and become soft, so do not speed up this process with a microwave.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Then put the component on a cutting board and finely chop into cubes. Pour the chopped onion into a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.
Using a vegetable cutter, peel the carrots from the peel. Next, thoroughly rinse the vegetable under running warm water to wash away the remnants of dirt and earth. We lay out the component on a cutting board and use a knife to divide it into several parts. Shredded carrots are moved to a clean plate and proceed to the preparation of the liver.
Step 4: prepare the turkey liver.
The turkey liver is thoroughly washed under running warm water and spread on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the component from veins and fat. Attention: grind the liver is not necessary, since we will cook it. Now we shift the component into a small bowl and begin to prepare the paste.
Step 5: prepare a paste of turkey liver.
In a medium saucepan lay out slices of liver and carrots. Completely fill the components with ordinary cold water and put on a large fire. Attention: so that the liquid boils faster, cover the container with a lid. Closer to this, foam will begin to appear on the surface of the water. Be sure to remove it with a slotted spoon and throw it into the sink. When everything boils, fasten the burner and boil the liver 25-30 minutes. After the allotted time, we take out the component from there using a tablespoon and spread in a medium bowl. Let it cool down for now.
Continue to cook carrots another 5-10 minutes.
In parallel with this, put a dry clean frying pan on a medium heat and pour a little vegetable oil into it. When it is well warmed up, pour the chopped onion here and to the taste ground dried basil and the “hops-suneli” seasoning (I usually take one pinch). From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the component until soft, as well as a soft golden color. At the end, turn off the burner and continue to cook the pate.
When the carrots are ready, we also shift it into a bowl with the liver. Attention: Do not forget to turn off the burner. When the components have cooled, add fried onions, pieces of soft butter, and salt to taste. Pate can be prepared in two ways. First: with the help of a tablespoon, put everything in small portions into the meat grinder connector and grind through a fine wire rack at least two times.
The second method (more convenient): using a blender (preferably submersible), grind all the components until a homogeneous, lush mass is formed. Important: We use the appliance at medium speed so that the butter does not turn into an air mixture. I usually use the second option, as it seems to me more simplified and faster.
Using a tablespoon, ready-made turkey paste, from the bowl to the food container, tightly close the lid and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. During this time, the dish is once again saturated with spices and freezes, which is what we need.
Step 6: serve the turkey liver paste.
We take the finished paste from the refrigerator and transfer it to a deep bowl. We serve it to the dining table along with pieces of fresh sweet bread. Oh, how delicious and satisfying! My kids love to eat this pate for breakfast with tea sandwiches.
Bon appetit to all!
- such a paste can be presented on the festive table. In this case, it is necessary to boil hard-boiled eggs in advance, then cool them, peel and cut into two halves. From each part you need to get the yolk and use it for another dish. But with the help of a teaspoon, put the paste into the protein itself and decorate everything with fresh herbs;
- You can prepare the paste in another way. All products, except butter, need to be crushed in a blender or meat grinder. Then put the mass on a plastic wrap so that we get a square layer with a thickness of about 0.5 centimeters. Grease its surface with soft butter, and then twist everything into a roll. For this, it is enough to grasp one edge of the film with your hands and gently pull it towards yourself, wrapping the layer in the opposite direction with your fingers;
- the liver with carrots can not be boiled, and put out everything in a pan. To do this, first of all fry the main component in a small amount of vegetable oil. Next, add finely chopped onions and shredded carrots here. Pour half a glass of clean cold water into a container and simmer everything until the vegetables are soft. In the end, pour salt and all the spices to taste, mix everything thoroughly and turn off the burner. When the mixture becomes warm, grind it with a meat grinder or blender, and after that add soft butter. Once again, thoroughly mixing everything, transfer the paste to the food container and let it brew in the refrigerator.