Ingredients for cooking fish in the sleeve in the oven
- Trout 2 pieces (total weight 1 kilogram 280 grams)
- Lemon 1 piece (medium, weighing 150 grams)
- Onions 2-3 pieces (medium, total weight 200 grams)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dill or parsley 4-6 branches
- Main ingredients: Trout, Onion, Lemon, Greens
- Portion 2-4
- World cuisine Romanian cuisine
Scraper, bowl, cutting board - 2 pieces, kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces, paper kitchen towels, baking sleeve with clips, baking dish (size 36 by 19 centimeters), coupon scissors, portion plate.
Cooking fish in the sleeve in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, we choose a fish, in principle, any one, boneless or with stones, will do, it all depends on your desire and capabilities, in my case these are two small trouts. We bring the selected carcasses home and rinse thoroughly under trickles of cold running water, while simultaneously using a knife or a special scraper, removing the scales from them in the direction from the tail to the head. Then we open the belly of each fish, gutting them from the insides, rinse again, dry with paper kitchen towels, rub on all sides with salt, crush with black ground pepper, transfer to a clean dish and leave it alone 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
At the same time, turn on and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. After that, using a clean knife, peel the onion and carefully rinse it with lemon, as well as parsley or dill. Then we dry these products with paper towels, take turns putting them on a cutting board and continue preparation. Onions are chopped with rings, half rings or quarters with a thickness of 1 centimeter, although it can be larger.
Cut the citrus into two equal halves, one of which is laid aside, it will be needed later, and the second is chopped with rings with a thickness of 5 to 7 millimeters. We leave the green branches whole or chop finely and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the fish for baking.
Put the trout soaked in spices on the cutting board again, stuff it with rings, dill or parsley, optionally sprinkle with an additional portion of spices and sprinkle the juice from the remaining half of the citrus.
Step 4: bake the fish in the sleeve in the oven.
Next, using kitchen scissors, cut a small piece from the baking sleeve, slightly larger than the size of the fish, and place it on the bottom of a long non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish. Then put a pillow of chopped onion inside it, put fish on top of the vegetable and hermetically seal the sleeve using special clips that go with it in the set. Then we pour a glass of ordinary running water into the mold, put it in the oven preheated to the desired temperature and bake the trout for 25-30 minutesfor which she will reach full readiness.
After that, we pull the kitchen gloves in our hands, move the fish to a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and very carefully cut the hand in the center. Within a few minutes, let the steam go out and you can start tasting.
Step 5: serve the fish in the sleeve in the oven.
Fish in the sleeve in the oven is served hot or warm on a large flat dish or in portions on plates as the main second dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Basically this miracle is served with some side dish, for example, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables salad, cereals from different cereals, pasta, boiled or steamed rice, but it’s also very expensive to eat it with bread. Cook with pleasure and enjoy homemade wholesome food!
Enjoy your meal!
- classic spices are indicated in this recipe, but if desired, their set can be supplemented with any other spices, as well as dried herbs that are suitable for fish dishes, a good option is savory, tarragon, red pepper, rosemary, sage, white mustard, cumin, thyme, parsnip, laurel leaf, peppermint, and these are just a few options;
- very often, the stuffing for stuffing the fish is supplemented with pieces of butter, sweet salad pepper, tomatoes and the same onions;
- fish can be baked on a pillow from any vegetables, for example, add carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant or zucchini to the onion;
- some housewives lubricate the fish with vegetable oil, sour cream or cream before baking, this makes its taste more tender.