Ingredients for Making Mexican Bean Soup
- Beef broth 1 liter
- Beans (any kind) 400 grams
- Purified water as needed
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Tomato juice 500 milliliters
Vegetables and greens:
- Onions 1 piece (150 grams)
- Carrot 1 piece (150 grams)
- Garlic 3 prongs
- Tomatoes 4 pieces (large, weight about 500 grams)
- Bulgarian pepper 3 pieces (300 grams)
- Chili pepper (hot) 1 piece (length 2 centimeters)
- Parsley (root) 1 piece (weight 80 grams)
- Cilantro (greens) 1 bunch (medium) according to desire and taste
- Cumin (Zira) 1 teaspoon
- Laurel leaf 1 piece or to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Beans, Onions, Carrots, Peppers, Tomato, Garlic, Sugar
- Portion 7-9
- World CuisineMexican Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a chopping board - 2 pieces, a teaspoon, a tablespoon, a measuring cup (for liquid), a kitchen scale, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters) - 2 pieces, a stove, a colander - 2 pieces, a slotted spoon, frying pan, wooden kitchen spatula, soup ladle, portioned plate.
Cooking Mexican Bean Soup:
Step 1: prepare the beans.
First, we cover the countertop with a kitchen towel, put dry beans of any kind on it and sort it out, removing all the rubbish, for example, such as pebbles or villi. Then we move it into a colander, rinse, send into a deep bowl and fill it with purified water so that it is at least 12-15 centimeters higher than this ingredient. Leave the beans to infuse for 7-12 hours at room temperature if we cook soup in the winter, or in the refrigerator if we make it in the summer.
Step 2: cook the beans.
After the necessary time, we again discard the swollen beans in a colander, rinse, put in a small saucepan and pour 2-3 cm higher with purified water. We put it on a strong fire and after boiling the liquid, reduce it to an average level. Using a slotted spoon, remove the gray-white foam - curled protein from the surface of the bubbling moisture - and boil the beans until they are about ready 1.5-2 hours, although the duration of this process depends on the variety, the quality of the beans, as well as the hours of soaking.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
We don’t lose a minute, with a sharp kitchen knife we peel onions, carrots, garlic, parsley root, and two kinds of peppers we remove from the stalks and gutted from the seeds. After that, we thoroughly rinse everything, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and grind it. In principle, the style of cutting is not fundamental, the main thing is that the pieces are small, about 1 centimeter in size or slightly smaller, for example, the onion can be chopped into cubes.
Carrots with parsley root as well or on a coarse grater.
Bulgarian and hot red chili peppers - straws or diced again, only the first is larger, and the second, of course, very small, from 3 to 5 millimeters.
Peel the tomatoes and cut them again in the same way.
Finely chop the garlic with cilantro. Next, lay out the remaining products on the countertop, as well as the spices that will be needed to prepare this soup, and move on.
Step 4: prepare the boiled beans.
When the beans are ready, we discard it in a colander, rinse, leave in the sink for 5-6 minutes to glass excess water, and discard in a clean dish. The liquid in which the beans were boiled can not be poured, it makes an excellent base for any other first or second hot dishes, as well as sauces and gravy. Then we put a pot of broth on medium heat, let it slowly boil, and immediately proceed to the next step.
Step 5: prepare a vegetable dressing for soup.
We turn the neighboring burner on a medium heat, put a frying pan on it and pour a little vegetable oil into this dish, ideally it is corn, but if this is not, refined olive or sunflower is suitable. After a few minutes, we discard the onion in a well-heated fat and simmer until transparent, periodically loosening with a kitchen spatula, it will take no more 2 minutes. Then add carrots with parsley root to it and cook them until soft, about 5-6 minutesconstantly loosening.
Next come two types of pepper - sweet salad Bulgarian and hot red chili.
Then we throw tomatoes into the pan.
Cooking all together yet 2-3 minutesstirring occasionally.
Step 6: Cooking Mexican Bean Soup
When the vegetables acquire a delicate soft texture, put them in the broth that has already boiled.
Pour in half a liter of tomato juice there and prepare these products with weak drilling 10 minutes.
Next, we send beans, garlic, salt, sugar, a bay leaf, cumin and oregano to the pan.
Season the soup with half cilantro, cook more 5-10 minutes and turn off the fire.
We cover the fragrant dish with a lid and let it brew at least 10-12 minutes, and then you can taste it.
Step 7: Serve Mexican Bean Soup.
After cooking, the Mexican soup with beans is insisted, then, using the ladle, poured in portions into deep plates, each with two or three pinches of the remaining cilantro or other finely chopped greens, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese and served hot as the first main dinner dish. As a complement, as well as dressing for such a spicy miracle, you can offer sour cream, cream, crackers, croutons, tortillas or your favorite bread. Cook with pleasure and enjoy fresh home-cooked food!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you wish, you can leave the boiled meat in the broth, the best option, of course, beef, but pork or chopped chicken in large pieces, as well as turkey, will do;
- very often fresh tomatoes are replaced by canned tomatoes in their own juice, a can with a total weight of 500 milliliters is needed for the above mass of products;
- used spices complement each other perfectly, giving this dish a pleasant, but not very strong pungency, as well as a rich aroma, but if desired, their set can be varied, making changes to the list based on your taste preferences;
- sometimes vegetables are not steamed, but put in a raw broth and kept on the stove until soft, then add beans, a little vegetable oil, spices, as well as other necessary products and boil the soup until cooked.