Ingredients for Cooking Stuffed Peppers with Mushrooms
For the dish:
- Long-grain rice 200-250 grams
- Fresh champignons 300 grams
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Bulgarian pepper medium size 6-7 pieces
- Large onions 2-3 pieces (400-500 grams)
- Tomato paste 4 tablespoons
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Pure cold cold water 500 milliliters
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Pepper, Tomato, Mushrooms, Rice
- Serving 7 servings
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a stove, a small pan with a thick bottom, a lid for a pot, a cutting board, a kitchen knife, a frying pan - 2 pieces, a plate, a wooden spatula, a sieve, a small bowl, a large bowl, a deep baking dish, oven, kitchen potholders, serving dish
Cooking pepper stuffed with mushrooms:
Step 1: prepare the pic.
Pour rice into a sieve and rinse thoroughly under running warm water until it becomes transparent.
Next, pour the cereal into a small pan with a thick bottom and fill it with ordinary cold liquid from the tap so that it covers the component with two fingers. We put the container on a large fire and slightly cover it with a lid. When the water begins to boil, fasten the burner to the maximum and boil the rice until fully cooked. It takes me about 10-15 minutes. In any case, it will be very visible, since after the allotted time the entire liquid evaporates.
At the end, turn off the burner, and take the pan with the help of kitchen tacks and pour its contents back into the sieve. We rinse the boiled rice several times under running cold water and set aside so that excess liquid comes out of it.
Step 2: prepare the champignons.
The mushrooms are thoroughly washed under running warm water and then laid out on a cutting board. Using a knife, if necessary, we clean the hats and legs of the mushrooms from rough or damaged places. Next, grind the components in pieces and transfer to a small bowl.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then rinse thoroughly under running water. We spread the component on a cutting board and chop it into cubes as small as possible. Pour the chopped onions into a free plate and proceed to the preparation of bell pepper.
Step 4: prepare bell peppers.
Bell pepper is thoroughly washed under running warm water, shake off excess liquid and spread on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the vegetable from seeds and tails. Attention: a component can be prepared for stuffing in two ways. First: leave it as it is. To do this, when we remove the tail, make a neat cut around it. The second way: we cut the pepper lengthwise into two halves, leaving everything except the seeds at will. We shift the prepared component into a large bowl and begin to prepare the filling.
Step 5: prepare the filling for the pepper.
In the first pan, pour a little vegetable oil and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container are well warmed up, put the crushed champignons here. From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the mushrooms until a golden crust appears on their surface and they give an unforgettable aroma.
Pour salt and boiled rice here immediately. Once again, mixing everything well, turn off the burner, and set the pan aside. Let the filling cool a little.
Step 6: prepare the fill for the dish.
Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into another pan and put it on a big fire. When it warms up well, pour finely chopped onions to it. Constantly stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the component to a soft golden color.
Immediately after that, add tomato paste to the container. Continue to fry the fill a few more minutes, continuously stirring with improvised inventory.
After the allotted time, turn off the burner, and pour clean water into the pan, as well as pour salt and taste freshly ground black pepper. Once again, mix everything thoroughly until smooth and set aside.
Step 7: prepare the peppers stuffed with mushrooms.
Using a teaspoon, carefully spread the mushroom filling in bell peppers. We try to ram the mixture so that it does not fall into the container during baking. Now we spread the stuffed vegetables in a deep baking dish, and pour all the tomato fill on top.
Turn on the oven and heat it to temperature 220 degrees. When it warms up, put the container on a medium level and cook the dish for 20-30 minutes. During this time, peppers with filling should be well saturated with filling and become more juicy and crispy. At the end, turn off the burner in the oven, and take out the form with the help of kitchen tacks and set aside.
Step 8: serve the pepper stuffed with mushrooms.
Stuffed hot peppers with a tablespoon are transferred from the mold into a special plate and served at the dinner table as the main dish. As a side dish, a salad of fresh vegetables, as well as fried or baked meat, is suitable. In fact, this pepper is quite satisfying, so you can easily enjoy it only with bread.
- to make the dish even more delicious, you can replace the usual tomato paste homemade. In this embodiment, you can add a little more, since it is not as concentrated as the store;
- if you want the pepper to be soft and not crispy, then be sure to boil it in a small amount of boiling water in advance 10-15 minutes. After you need to throw the vegetables in a colander and cool under cold liquid from the tap. At the end, put the pepper on a cutting board and peel the seeds and tails. Another option: just close the baking dish with foil. Then also the peel will not burn on top, which is also important;
- The baking dish should not be large. Peppers must huddle in it. Then the dish will turn out softer and more juicy, as the pouring does not spread out over the container and is well absorbed in vegetables.