Ingredients for making a pie with lingonberries and apples
For the test
- Wheat flour 300 grams (plus a little to sprinkle on a work surface)
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Milk 100 milliliters (plus a little for lubrication)
- Butter 45 grams
- Sugar 50 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dry yeast 2 teaspoons
- Purified water 15 milliliters
- Fresh apples 3 pieces
- Fresh lingonberry 100 grams
- Icing sugar 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Starch 1 tablespoon
- Main ingredients Eggs, Apple, Lingonberry, Milk, Butter, Flour
- Portion 6-8
- World Cuisine
A baking dish, a deep plate - 2 pieces, a kitchen towel, a stewpan, a whisk, a tablespoon, a knife for peeling fruits and vegetables, a colander, a strainer, kitchen pot holders, a large flat dish, a kitchen knife, cutting board, rolling pin.
Cooking a pie with lingonberries and apples:
Step 1: Cook the dough.
Before starting cooking, heat the water so that it is warm, and melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring the ingredient with a whisk all the time. When these components are prepared, you can proceed to the main step in preparing the dough.
To start, we breed yeast in warm water and brew them for 10 minutes. As soon as the ingredient is suitable, add to it the wheat flour sifted through a sieve. Pour warm melted butter there, break the egg, sugar, milk and salt. Knead the dough thoroughly, first with a whisk or a spoon, and then with clean, dry hands, which for convenience can also be sprinkled with flour. This process usually takes 10-15 minutes. After which we leave the dough in a bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, possibly a little damp, and set aside in a warm, not blown place on 1 hour.
Step 2: Cooking for the boss.
When the dough is about to be ready, and only 10-15 minutes remain, you can start cooking the filling. Rinse apples thoroughly under warm running water, then peel them with a special knife. Cut each fruit into halves and clean out the core with the seeds. Cut the peeled fruits into small cubes or thin slices, in general, in any way convenient for you.
Fold the lingonberries in a colander and rinse well, removing small twigs and leaves. Then shake to remove excess moisture and pour the berries into a deep bowl. Pour apple slices there. Mix all the ingredients together, add powdered sugar and starch to them. Mix everything well so that the bulk ingredients are evenly distributed.
Step 3: We make a pie with lingonberries and apples.
Prepare the countertop by crushing it with flour. Roll out the finished dough, cutting it off 150-200 grams for decoration. Place the pancake from the dough into a baking dish, not forgetting to form the edges. Lay out the apple and cranberry filling and slightly level it with a tablespoon. From a cut piece of dough, make a net over the cake or any other decorations to your taste.
Step 4: Bake a pie with lingonberries and apples.
Preheat the oven to 150-160 degrees Celsius. Once it reaches the right temperature, place a pie inside it and bake for 25-30 minutes. Important: adjust the temperature and cooking time depending on your oven. Remove the finished cake, sprinkle with powdered sugar and leave to cool to room temperature.
Step 5: Serve a cake with lingonberries and apples.
Serve the pie with lingonberries and apples as soon as it reaches room temperature, just cut it into portioned pieces and arrange in saucers. Brew aromatic hot tea or choose any other drink that you like. In any case, you will be captivated by the wonderful taste and aroma of the finished pie, and an interesting combination of fresh apples and lingonberries.
Enjoy your meal!
- To taste, you can vary the ratio of apples to lingonberries in the filling, depending on what you, your guests and your family prefer.
- In winter, when it is very difficult to get fresh berries, you can replace them with freshly frozen ones.
- You can also use regular sugar, as well as brown sugar, to sprinkle the finished pie, and it will also add a caramel flavor to the dish.
- Of course, lingonberry berries can be replaced with cranberries, but keep in mind that it is more acidic and therefore, it may be worth adding more powdered sugar, and apples should be used only in sweet varieties.