Ingredients for making grated cottage cheese pie
For the test:
- Wheat flour 3 cups
- Butter or margarine 250 grams + for greasing a baking sheet
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd 500 grams
- Sour cream 1/2 cup
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 medium-sized lemon
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Potato starch 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Cottage cheese, Butter, Flour
- Serving 10 Servings
A tablespoon, a teaspoon, a glass, a deep bowl, an oven, kitchen potholders, a hand blender, a saucer, a fine grater, a medium bowl, a sieve, a plate, a cutting board, a kitchen knife, a deep baking dish, a flat serving dish, a fork
Cooking grated cottage cheese pie:
Step 1: prepare the butter for the dough.
We spread the butter on a cutting board and, using a knife, chop into several parts. Then we move the component to a free plate and for now leave it alone. Let the oil reach room temperature, but without the help of a microwave.
Step 2: prepare the lemon.
In fact, we do not need the lemon itself, but only its peel. It is she who will give the cake a delicate citrus aroma and barely noticeable sourness. So, using a fine grater, rub the component directly over a clean saucer. Attention: the remaining lemon does not need to be thrown away, it is still useful for other dishes. The only thing I advise you to store it in the refrigerator, since without the peel the fruit will begin to deteriorate.
Step 3: prepare the filling for the cake.
Put the cottage cheese in a medium bowl and pour the sour cream. Using a submersible blender, beat the ingredients until a homogeneous mass resembling a curd dessert comes out of them.
Next, pour sugar, baking soda, potato starch, and also lemon zest into the container. Using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until smooth. Important: sugar crystals should not float at the bottom, the filling should be airy and without any grains (except for crushed citrus peel).
Step 4: prepare the flour.
Pour the flour into a sieve and sift it over a deep bowl. Thus, the component is saturated with oxygen and gets rid of excess lumps. Thanks to this process, the dough is airy and very tender.
Step 5: prepare the dough for the pie.
In a bowl with sifted flour, add soft pieces of butter, and pour sugar and baking soda. Using a fork, grind everything to a state of small crumbs. This will be our dough.
Step 6: prepare the grated cottage cheese pie.
Lubricate the bottom and walls of the baking dish with a small piece of soft butter. Then pour it here 2/3 parts dough and lightly crush it over the entire area with clean hands. We spread the curd filling on top, and then level it with a tablespoon to make the cake beautiful. At the end, sprinkle with the remaining test crumbs and turn on the oven.
When it warms up to temperature 200 degrees, put the pie form on the middle level. Notice 30 minutes and from time to time we look at what color the baking surface has become. When it is covered with a golden crust, we turn off the oven, and we take the baking sheet with the help of kitchen oven gloves from the oven and set it aside. Let the cake cool completely.
Step 7: serve the grated cottage cheese pie.
When the cake has completely cooled, use a knife to cut it into slices and spread it on a large flat plate. Serve at the dessert table with tea, coffee and other drinks.
- if you didn’t find a hand blender at your fingertips, but only have a regular one, do not worry. Then put the components in a deep bowl and beat until we get a homogeneous mass. In extreme cases, there is always a meat grinder with a fine grill. Of course, you have to tinker, but the result will be almost the same. The only thing I advise is to grind the cheese several times;
- For the preparation of dough, wheat flour of only the highest grade, fine grinding and a proven brand is suitable. I also recommend sifting it at least two times. So the dough will turn out more tender and airy;
- In addition to cottage cheese, you can add various berries (fresh or frozen), jam or jam, as well as pears or apples to the filling. So the cake is also very tasty and fragrant.