Ingredients for Cooking Potato Casseroles with Tomatoes
- Potato 700 grams
- Tomatoes 3 pieces (large)
- Gouda cheese 100 grams
- Cream 5 tablespoons
- Ground pepper mixture to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- Main ingredients: Potato, Tomato, Cheese, Cream
- Portion 3-4
- World Cuisine
Microwave, microwave baking dish, kitchen knife, cutting board, whisk, grater with small or medium holes, kitchen oven mitts, a knife for cleaning vegetables.
Cooking potato casseroles with tomatoes:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.
Rinse the potatoes properly and, using a special knife for peeling vegetables, peel them off. Do not forget to pick out the eyes from root crops with the edge of a knife. Rinse the thoroughly peeled potatoes under running cool water again to wash off any dirt remaining after peeling. At the end, cut the washed potatoes into thin slices.
Step 2: Prepare the tomatoes.
Wash tomatoes well, like potatoes, under running water. Carefully cut the tip of the knife near the place where the tail was and remove its remains. Tomatoes carefully, so as not to crush the flesh, cut into thin slices as well.
Step 3: Prepare the cheese.
For cheese, be sure to cut off the crust, if any. And also, to avoid sticking, moisten a grater before work. Grind the cheese. At your choice, you can do this on both coarse and fine graters.
Step 4: Prepare the egg fill.
Break chicken eggs into a deep bowl, add spices and cream to them. Shake the mass with a whisk and whisk it lightly until foam appears.
Step 5: Cook the casserole.
Now put the potatoes in the microwave baking dish. If you have a round shape, then stack the slices from the center, laying layers on top of each other. If it’s rectangular, then just lay the potatoes in rows. Lay the pieces of tomato on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle grated cheese on top, distributing it to the gaps between the vegetables, too. At the end, fill everything with an egg-cream mass and send to the microwave.
Bake at maximum power about 25 minutes. If you have a little more layers, since you decide to use a larger number of ingredients, then it is worth increasing the cooking time. Potato casserole with tomatoes will be ready immediately, as soon as the vegetables are soft, the egg mass will be baked, and the cheese will melt.
Step 6: Serve the potato casserole with tomatoes.
Ready potato casserole with tomatoes is served hot, removing it from the mold using a large metal spatula. With the same spatula, it is laid out in portions. I consider this casserole an independent dish, but you can serve it with meat dishes, as well as with hot, cooked fish or chicken.
Enjoy your meal!
- Cream for this dish is better to choose not greasy, if desired, you can also completely replace them with milk.
- In some recipes, grated cheese is added immediately to the egg fill, but in my opinion, it is much easier to distribute the cheese evenly throughout the dish separately from the egg-cream mass.
- This casserole can also be cooked in the oven, at a temperature 180 degrees. But, first you need to cover the dish with foil, and open only for 5-7 minutes until the end of cooking, so that the cheese is covered with a delicious golden crust.