Ingredients for making zucchini puree
- Zucchini 2 pieces
- 6 cloves garlic
- Chicken broth 1/2 cup (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- How much butter is required for frying
- Main IngredientsSquash, Zucchini
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Saucepan, steamer, blender, kitchen knife, cutting board, frying pan, wooden spatula, butter knife.
Making zucchini puree:
Step 1: Prepare the zucchini.
Rinse and cut the zucchini. If your vegetables are fresh and young, with a thin skin, then you don’t need to peel it off, if the zucchini has already lain and their peel has become rougher, you need to remove it with a knife.
Rinse and peeled vegetables, cut into medium-sized slices. This is an important point, because thin slices may fall apart during cooking, and thick slices will not boil.
Step 2: Cooking the zucchini.
Pour cool water into a saucepan and place it on a fast fire to bring to a boil. After that, place a steaming stand on top of the pan and place slices of zucchini in it. Make sure that the water boils all the time. So cook the zucchini for 10-12 minutes or until they become soft.
Step 3: Cook the garlic.
Peel the garlic cloves, cut off the tips. Divide each into three to four parts so that the pieces are not too small and will not fry in the process.
Melt a little butter in a pan and fry chopped garlic cloves in it. Cook this ingredient quite a bit, right up to the moment when it begins to become golden crust and exude a fragrant smell.
Step 4: Cook the mashed potatoes.
In a blender bowl, fold the steamed slices of zucchini, fried garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and then pour a little chicken stock. Important: do not pour the entire broth at once, add it gradually so as not to make the puree too thick or, on the contrary, too liquid. Mix all the ingredients in a blender, turning the vegetables into a homogeneous mass. That's it, the mash is done! Make sure you add enough spices to it and go serve your culinary creation on the dining table.
Step 5: Serve the zucchini puree.
Serve mashed potatoes hot as a side dish, just as if you were serving mashed potatoes. Enjoy a delicious and very useful addition to the main course, and then be surprised at the lightness that forms in the stomach after this wonderful meal.
Enjoy your meal!
- This is a seasonal dish, which is desirable to cook from fresh zucchini, plucked directly from the garden, if you have such an opportunity.
- Zucchini puree can also be combined with cauliflower, potatoes or carrots. These vegetables, too, first need to be boiled for a couple, and then chop together with zucchini.
- Zucchini puree is very useful for children, but you need to cook this dish for your little gourmets with less garlic and black pepper or without them at all.