Ingredients for Squid Salad with Onion
- Squid (freshly frozen, peeled fillet) 500 grams (4 medium pieces)
- 3-4 eggs
- Onions (sweet) 2-3 pieces
- 1/2 mayonnaise or to taste
- Greens (dill or parsley) to taste and desire
- Salt to taste
- Laurel leaf 1 piece
- Pepper black peas 2-3 pieces
- Allspice 1 piece
- Purified water as needed
- Main ingredients: Squids, Onions, Eggs
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
A deep bowl - 2-3 pieces, a deep pan (capacity 3 liters), a tablespoon, a teaspoon, a glass (capacity 250 milliliters), a stove, a slotted spoon, a stewpan, a kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces, a cutting board - 2-3 pieces , paper kitchen towels, salad bowl.
Making squid salad with onions:
Step 1: prepare and cook the squid.
Today we will prepare a delicious salad of seafood and other ingredients. In order not to puff over cleaning squids, it acquires freshly frozen, without chords, ink bags, tentacles and peels, that is, carcasses covered with a thin layer of ice. We bring them home, put in a bowl of cold water and leave there until completely thawed, it is about 15-20 minutes. It is not worth defrosting them quickly, in a microwave or boiling water, they will lose their juiciness and as a result will be overdried, so we patiently wait. After some time, pour a little more than half a liter of purified water into a small saucepan, add about one teaspoon of salt, two types of pepper, peas, a bay leaf and put it on medium heat, let it boil.
When ice leaves the seafood, very carefully lower them into a bubbling liquid and cook after boiling again exactly 1.5, although it is possible and 2 minutes, but not more, otherwise they will be rubber. Then, using a slotted spoon, we transfer them to a deep bowl and leave them at room temperature until use to cool completely.
Step 2: prepare and cook chicken eggs.
We don’t lose even a minute while the squids are “resting”, we wash the raw chicken eggs very carefully with a kitchen brush. Why should this be done? Because the shell may contain pathogenic microbes that, during heat treatment, penetrate the opened pores into protein, and then, when they enter the human body, cause serious diseases such as salmonella and intestinal poisoning. Then we send the testicles to the stewpan, fill it with cold running water 2-3 fingers higher and put on medium heat. After boiling, cook this ingredient hard-boiled for about 10-11 minutes. Then we transfer it to ice water, cool it to room temperature, peel it, rinse it from fragments and put it aside for now.
Step 3: prepare onions and herbs.
Now, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onion, rinse it with dill or parsley under cold water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and continue preparation. We chop the beam in half rings or quarters with a thickness of up to 2-3 millimeters, finely chop the greens. After that, put the rest of the necessary products on the countertop and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 4: bring the squid salad with onions to full readiness.
On a clean cutting board, we spread the squid and chicken eggs in turn. Cut them into cubes or straws 1 cm thick and send them into a deep bowl. There we put chopped onions, mayonnaise and, if desired, a little more salt.
We mix these ingredients with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency, transfer the finished salad to the dishes specially designed for this purpose, crush with herbs and serve immediately to the table.
Step 5: serve squid salad with onions.
A squid salad with onions is served immediately after cooking as an appetizer for a casual or festive table. He does not need any additions, except by the way there will be a piece of fresh bread or croutons. This dish tastes rather delicate, and due to the proteins contained in seafood, it is also hearty. Enjoy and enjoy homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often canned corn, peas, sweet salad peppers or hard cheese crushed on medium or large grater are added to such a salad;
- if by some chance you forgot about squids, and they are digested by becoming tough, do not panic! Pour water into a pan and, after boiling again, continue to cook seafood for another 2-3 hours. Of course, after such a long heat treatment, they will lose their nutritional value, but they will be very soft and remain tasty;
- some housewives put pickled onions in the salad, especially if it is bitter. To do this, chopped vegetable is sent to a deep clean dish, then pour it with a mixture of hot water (150 milliliters), as well as 9% table vinegar (2-3 tablespoons) and leave in the resulting marinade for 10-12 minutes. After that, the onion is thrown into a colander so that the glass is excess liquid and used as directed;
- A good substitute for mayonnaise - homemade sour cream, medium-fat cream or sour-milk yogurt without flavoring fillers.