Ingredients for making brussels sprouts soup
- Chicken (fresh wing) 4 pieces
- Purified water 2 liters
- Brussels sprouts 20 pieces
- Carrot 1 piece (medium)
- Parsley (fresh root) 1 piece (small)
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Potato 2 pieces (large)
- Parsley (fresh herbs) 1 bunch (small)
- Vegetable oil 50 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Potato, Onion, Carrot, Chicken
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a chopping board - 2-3 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a stove, a deep bowl, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), a frying pan, a wooden kitchen spatula, a slotted spoon, a ladle, a deep portion plate.
Making brussels sprouts soup:
Step 1: prepare the chicken wings.
We will not move away from the dietary version of this soup, but we will also make it more satisfying and cook it with almost lean meat, if I may say so. So, we take fresh chicken wings and, helping ourselves with a sharp kitchen knife, we remove from them the remnants of feathers, as well as the hairs that the machine could not handle at the poultry farm. Then we wash this ingredient thoroughly, divide it into joints at will and send it into a deep saucepan.
Step 2: prepare the broth.
Next, fill the parts of the bird with purified water and put on medium heat. After boiling, remove the gray-white foam from the surface of the bubbling liquid with a slotted spoon - curdled protein, it does not look very nice in the finished dish.
Then reduce the heat to a small level, cover the pan with a lid so that a small gap remains, and cook the broth until the meat is ready, that is, approximately 30-35 minutes.
Step 3: prepare the vegetables.
In the meantime, using a clean knife, we peel the vegetables indicated in the recipe, and we remove the Brussels sprouts from the two or three top leaves. Then we rinse everything together with fresh herbs, dry with paper kitchen towels and continue preparation. Slices the potatoes into slices ranging in size from 2 to 2.5 centimeters, transfer to a bowl of cold water and leave in it until use so that it does not darken.
Cut the carrots into cubes, straws, rings or half rings up to 5-6 millimeters thick.
Grind parsley and onions in the same way as the previous ingredient.
If the heads of Brussels sprouts are small, let them be whole, and divide large ones if desired into 2, 3 or 4 equal parts. Finely chop the greens, put the remaining products on the countertop, as well as the spices that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: preparing a dressing for the soup.
We put a deep frying pan on medium heat and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the onions in the preheated fat and pass for 2-3 minutes until transparent, constantly stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. Then add chopped carrots with parsley root to it and cook everything together 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft, but will not be golden, although this is a matter of taste. As soon as they reach the desired consistency, we move the pan to the side and return to the chicken.
Step 5: Cook Brussels Sprouts Soup.
While engaged in vegetables, pieces of the bird were cooked. Now we act at will, the wings can be removed altogether and any other dish prepared from them, or the meat removed from them and sent back to the saucepan or not touched at all, let them stay where they were, still it tastes better. Regardless of the choice, we send pieces of potato and sauteed roots to the fragrant broth, that is, carrots, onions and parsley. Cook vegetables over medium heat until half cooked 10 minutes.
Then we put Brussels sprouts in a pan and keep everything on the stove with medium boiling 15 minutes. After that, season the first hot meal to taste with salt, black pepper, fresh parsley, cover with a lid and warm 3-4 minutes. After that, turn off the fire, let the soup brew 7-10 minutes, with the help of a ladle, pour in portions on plates and serve.
Step 6: serve brussels sprouts soup.
Brussels sprouts soup after cooking is slightly infused, then distributed in portions on plates, optionally seasoned with a small amount of herbs, cream, sour cream and served as the first hot meal for dinner. Its taste is somewhat reminiscent of cabbage, but with a deeper unusual aroma. Enjoy and enjoy healthy food!
Enjoy your meal!
- the classic spices were used in the recipe, but they are not essential, if you wish, you can supplement the set of spices with any other that are suitable for soups, for example, bay leaves, sage, lemon balm, and this is just a few options, it all depends on your taste;
- sometimes a couple of branches of fresh dill, basil and cilantro, as well as several feathers of green onions are added to parsley;
- some housewives passer along with the roots, sweet salad pepper and fresh or blanched and frozen peas;
- the broth can be prepared not only from chicken, any other meat of animals or poultry, for example, beef, pork, turkey, is suitable, although it is often cooked on water in general;
- An alternative to vegetable oil is cream, it will give the finished soup a softer aftertaste and a delicate aroma.