Ovens with salmon and potatoes
- Fresh salmon 300-400 grams (2-3 steaks)
- Potatoes 3-4 pieces (large)
- Garlic 3-4 prongs (large)
- Butter 50-60 grams
- Lemon 1/2 pieces
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Purified water 1 cup (capacity 200 milliliters)
- Dill, dried to taste and desire
- Dried parsley to taste and desire
- Paprika to taste and desire
- Oregano (dried) to taste and desire
- Thyme to taste and desire
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Potato, Garlic
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, an oven, a tablespoon, a glass (capacity of 200 milliliters), a non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish, a baking brush, aluminum food foil, kitchen gloves, a kitchen spatula, a serving plate .
Cooking salmon with potatoes in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the fish.
To get started, take fresh salmon steaks without scales, thoroughly rinse them under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, divide each into 2 parts with a sharp knife and remove pieces of ridges from them. Then, hand squeeze the juice out of half a lemon onto the fish, rub it to taste with salt, black pepper, transfer to a deep bowl, pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil and leave it alone 15-20 minutesto pickle.
Step 2: prepare vegetables and other ingredients.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and with the help of a baking brush, grease a large non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish with the remaining vegetable oil. After that, using a clean knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe, rinse them in water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and chop. Shred potatoes with rings or plates 1-1.5 centimeters thick, and chop the garlic in the same way, but a little thinner, about 3-4 mm. Now put the rest of the necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the products for baking.
We spread the chopped potatoes to the bottom of the prepared form and scatter half the chopped garlic on it in an artistic mess. Grind these ingredients to taste with salt, black pepper, dried parsley, dill, paprika, oregano and thyme.
On top of the vegetables, distribute the pickled salmon and put a couple of slices of butter on each slice.
Crush the fish with the remaining garlic, as well as an additional portion of all the spices indicated in the recipe and move on.
Step 4: bake salmon with potatoes in the oven.
Pour a glass of purified water into a mold with fish and potatoes and tighten it with a sheet of aluminum food foil so that there are no gaps. Next, we put the resulting structure in the oven preheated to the desired temperature and leave it on 30 minutes without bothering. After this time, we remove the foil and stand the almost finished dish in the oven 10-12 minutes or until the surface of the salmon and potatoes is slightly browned.
As soon as the food reaches full readiness, we pull the kitchen gloves on our hands, rearrange the form on a cutting board previously laid on the countertop, and allow the culinary masterpiece to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes, it is probably impossible to withstand longer, because the smell of this miracle just divine. Then we arm ourselves with a kitchen spatula, lay out the fish and potatoes in portions on plates and taste forwards!
Step 5: serve the salmon with potatoes in the oven.
Oven salmon with potatoes - the top of perfection! After cooking, this dish is distributed in portions on plates and optionally supplemented with salads from fresh vegetables, marinades, pickles, sauces based on tomatoes, cream or sour cream.
Also with this dish on the table you can put buns with sesame seeds, pita bread or regular homemade bread. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- The perfect sauce for this dish is sour cream. To make it very simple, shake finely chopped greens in a small bowl until smooth, a couple of garlic cloves squeezed through a press, a little allspice, salt and sour cream - the aromatic mixture is ready;
- optionally, chopped bell peppers, eggplant rings, zucchini and tomatoes, can be added to potatoes and garlic, but these vegetables are very juicy, so you will need to pour half the water into the mold;
- very often, after 30 minutes of baking, an almost ready dish is sprinkled with high-melting hard cheese, crushed on a small, medium or large grater, and the remaining time is browned together with fish and potatoes;
- an alternative to water - dry white wine or meat or vegetable broth;
- the spices indicated in the recipe are not essential, you can use any mixture of spices and dried herbs that are suitable for fish dishes.