Oven rye bread ingredients
- Rye flour (sifted) 300 grams
- Wheat flour (sifted) 200 grams per dough and 50 grams to form
- Granular dry yeast 2 teaspoons
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Leavened wort (dry) 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon in the dough and half tea per each form
- Purified water 330 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Flour, Honey
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, teaspoon, tablespoon, measuring cup, stove, stewpan, deep bowl, food processor, bread baking dish - 2 pieces (size 215x105x105 mm), baking brush, oven, kitchen towel - 2 pieces, kitchen oven mitts - 2 pieces, kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, cutting board, kitchen knife, plate.
Cooking rye bread in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the dough for rye bread.
If you decide to make bread according to this recipe, then let's get started! First, with the help of a baking brush, we grease the bottom and the inner sides of the sides of two non-stick or heat-resistant baking dishes with vegetable oil. At the same time, we heat in the small stewpan the required amount of purified water, it should not be hot, so that you can dip your fingers into this fluid without fear of getting burned.
Then mix with a tablespoon in a deep bowl dry granular yeast, as well as two types of sifted flour: wheat and rye. Add salt, honey, leavened wort, a spoonful of vegetable oil and warm water to the resulting dry mass.
We put the dishes with all the ingredients under the blades of the combine or a powerful mixer with a special nozzle for the dough and turn on the kitchen appliance at low speed. We begin to knead the semi-finished flour product and, as it thickens, increase the speed of the machine to the highest speed.
We give this process at least 12-15, and preferably 20 minutes. If there is no such equipment at home, we do everything with our hands, this, of course, will take longer, but baking in any case will be delicious. The result should be a sticky dough, similar to plasticine.
Step 2: insist the dough for rye bread.
Next, crush the palms with the remaining flour, divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
We make a pair of oblong loaves from them and put the formed products into prepared for baking molds.
We move still raw bread into a cold oven, cover with a kitchen towel and allow the baking dish to rise at room temperature for one or one and a half hours. Sometimes it takes a little more time, it all depends on how warm the room is.
Step 3: bake rye bread in the oven.
When the semi-finished flour increases by 1.5-2 times, turn on and preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
Then close its door and bake bread for 25-30 minutesafter which we check its readiness with a wooden skewer or a match. Just take turns introducing a wand into each roll and get it. If at its end there are pieces of wet dough, stand the baking in the oven 7-10 minutes.
Did the wood come out of the baking dish dry? If so, then everything is simple. We pull the kitchen potholders onto our hands and one by one we move the bread forms onto the cutting boards previously laid on the countertop. Without taking it out, let the rolls cool down a bit, that's enough 20-30 minutes.
Then with the help of two kitchen shovels we transfer them to a clean board, cover with a kitchen towel so that a large gap remains, and cool to room temperature, and after that you can begin the tasting!
Step 4: Serve the rye bread in the oven.
Rye bread in the oven turns out to be very ruddy, porous, but at the same time quite dense.
After cooking, it is completely cooled, cut into portions 1-1.5 centimeters thick and served on the table with salt, meat, poultry, fish, various snacks, pickles, marinades, salads, sausages or whatever you like . Enjoy delicious home-made flour products!
Enjoy your meal!
- bread should not be cut hot, since the crumb will be sticky, it is better to cool it and later divide it into portions using a special corrugated knife with serrations. Also, do not immediately put the rolls in a bag, this will make them wet, damp, rumple and quickly deteriorate;
- optionally, you can add sunflower seeds, caraway seeds, anise, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, ginger to the dough, and these are just a few of all the possible options;
- if you decide to use fresh yeast, then they should be allowed to bloom for 12-15 minutes in warm water mixed with granulated sugar or honey and salt. Only after that, when the dough rises with a fluffy hat, can it be combined with other ingredients and knead;
- an alternative to water is milk, and vegetable oil is melted butter;
- if you want the baking to be darker, you can add a teaspoon of instant coffee to the dough, and for a more sour taste 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- bread can be baked not in molds, but simply on non-stick baking sheets stained with a thick layer of flour or covered with baking paper.