Ingredients for making chicken noodle soup in a slow cooker
- Chicken (fresh breast) 1 piece (weight 500-600 grams)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Carrot 1 piece (medium)
- Potato 4 pieces (medium)
- Noodles 100 grams
- Purified water 2.5-3 liters
- Salt to taste
- Laurel leaf to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- A mixture of dried herbs for soup to taste and desire
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Carrot, Chicken, Pasta
- Portion 8-9
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup for water, multicooker, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, silicone kitchen spatula, soup ladle, deep plate.
Cooking chicken noodle soup in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
A crock-pot is a universal right hand in the kitchen, but even she will need a little help from you. So, first we thoroughly wash the chicken breast, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a sharp kitchen knife to remove the film, cartilage, and also small pieces of fat from the meat. Then we cut it into portioned pieces from 2 to 3 centimeters in size, although less is possible. Then, using a new knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe, rinse them in cold running water, dry, put them on a cutting board in turn and continue preparation. We chop the onion into cubes 5-7 millimeters in size.
We shred potatoes with small blocks of 1.5-2 centimeters in size. We chop the carrots on a small, medium or large grater, put the remaining necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Cook the chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker.
We insert the plug of the multicooker into the socket, fix the Teflon bowl in it, pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it and set the “Baking” or “Frying” mode, depending on the functions that your kitchen appliance can perform. After a minute, dip the chopped onion with carrots in the preheated fat and cook them, without covering, for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring with a silicone or wooden kitchen spatula or a special plastic spoon. Then we stop the machine and add potatoes with pieces of chicken to the bowl.
Pour these products with the desired amount of purified water, if you want a thicker soup, then more, if thinner, respectively, less.
Then close the slow cooker and set the mode Stew or Soup for 1 hour.
In 10 minutes until ready we lift the lid, add noodles to the bubbling liquid, to taste salt, laurel leaf, black pepper and your favorite dried herbs. Mix everything until smooth and keep the soup covered for the rest of the time. After that, we insist it in the multicooker 5-7 minutes, with the help of a ladle, pour the aromatic food in portions into deep plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve chicken noodle soup in a slow cooker.
The multicooked chicken noodle soup is served hot as the first main course for dinner. Serve it in portions in deep plates, before which, if desired, seasoning each with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onions. Along with this dish, you can put vegetable salad, marinades, pickles and, of course, fresh bread, pita bread, croutons or crackers on the table. Enjoy a delicious and simple fast food!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of noodles, you can use thin spider noodles or other small pasta, which reaches full readiness within 7-10 minutes, and the alternative to vegetable oil is cream, this will make the soup more tender, with a milky flavor;
- Very often, along with onions and carrots, sweet salad pepper and finely chopped tomato are fried;
- when stirring vegetables, use only plastic, wooden or silicone cookware to stir, so as not to damage the Teflon coating of the multicooker bowl;
- if desired, the fillet can be replaced with other parts of the chicken, for example, split wings on the joints, as well as shanks or hips chopped into 2-3 parts;
- the recipe indicates traditional spices suitable for all soups, but they are not essential, season this dish with any others that are added to the first hot dishes.