Ingredients for making sourdough bread in a bread maker
- Wheat flour 300 grams
- Rye flour 300 grams
- Ferment (eternal) 300 grams
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- Pasteurized whole milk 200-220 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 1.5 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Milk, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup (for water), a tablespoon, a teaspoon, instructions for a bread machine, a bread machine, kitchen scales, kitchen oven mitts, cutting board, waffle towel, kitchen knife, plate or bread box.
Preparation of sourdough bread in a bread machine:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients and study the instructions of the bread maker.
First, put on the kitchen table all the products that are needed for baking, and let them warm to room temperature, it will take about 50 - 60 minutes. Meanwhile, we sift into a deep dry bowl the right amount of wheat as well as rye flour, so that they dry, become more friable and get rid of any kind of litter. Then carefully read the instructions of the bread maker, since the features of each brand are individual and some mode may be present or absent in them, in my version the machine of the Philips trademark HD9046 / 90 will be used.
Step 2: put the ingredients in the bread machine.
After that, we lubricate the blades for whipping the dough with half a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Then, using a measuring cup, pour the required amount of whole pasteurized milk and sourdough into the bowl of the kitchen appliance. Pour some salt there, and then two types of sifted flour: wheat and rye.
Step 3: prepare the sourdough bread in the bread maker.
Then we cover the kitchen appliance with a tight-fitting lid and insert its plug into the outlet. When the panel lights up, set on it "Individual mode" and set the batch for 10-15 minutes, then proof for 20 minutes, then again knead for 10 minutes, proof for 2 hours, again knead for 10 minutes and proof, but for 1-1.5 hours. If your bread machine does not have this mode, then another one will do, for example, for “LG” - “Main” or “Rye bread”, and for “Panasonic” - French bread.
After the last insistence, when the kolobok from the dough is formed, remove the mixing blade from the bowl, pour in the remaining vegetable oil and turn it on Baking function for 45-50 minutes, a plus optionally add the mode "medium crust"if, of course, such is available. After the right time, when the miracle machine shuts off, notifying about this with a clicking or ringing signal, we lift the lid and very carefully pry the bowl with the prepared bread with kitchen tacks.
We move it to a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and allow the baking to cool slightly for 15-20 minutes. Then, using a wooden kitchen spatula, we pry up the finished bread, shift it from the bowl to the cutting board and wrap it in a waffle or any other thin towel so that there remains a gap with a width of at least 4-5 centimeters, or even more. We leave it in this form for several hours until it cools completely and then we taste it!
Step 4: serve the sourdough bread in the bread maker.
After cooking, the sourdough bread in the bread machine after cooking is completely cooled, laid out on a cutting board, cut into slices 1-1.5 centimeters thick and served on the table as an excellent addition to the first or second hot dishes. Also from such baking good croutons, sandwiches, toasts and even crackers are obtained. The structure of such bread is friable, porous, and after cooling it is friable and tender. At home, tasty, inexpensive and healthy! Enjoy and be healthy!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often such bread is baked with various additives: cheese, fried onions, mushrooms, sausages, boiled meat, fried lard, dried or fresh herbs, ground garlic, and also spicy spices;
- hot bread should not be immediately put in a bag, this will make it wet, damp and quickly deteriorate;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - melted butter, this will make the pastries more tender;
- how to cook eternal sourdough? We mix in a glass jar 100 grams of sifted wheat flour and 100 milliliters of purified water at room temperature, a pasty mass resembling sour cream should be obtained. We cover it with a damp kitchen towel, put it in a warm place without drafts and, stirring occasionally, we insist there for 24 hours, during which the mass begins to bubble slightly. On the second day, add another 100 grams of water and flour there and leave it warm for the next day. On the third day, instead of small bubbles, a rather decent foam will appear in the form of a fluffy hat, again we feed the sourdough with the same amount of liquid and flour, mix, and then insist as much as on the previous days. On the fourth day, the leaven can be divided into 2 equal parts from one to make bread, and the second to start feeding and insisting.