Ingredients for Making Cauliflower Puree
- Cauliflower 600 grams
- Purified water 1 liter
- 4 tablespoons pasteurized whole milk
- Butter 30 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Milk, Butter
- Portion 3-4
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scales, deep bowl, kitchen knife, cutting board, teaspoon, tablespoon, deep pan (3 liter capacity), stove, measuring cup for water, colander, stationary blender, portion plate.
Cooking cauliflower puree:
Step 1: Prepare Cauliflower
For this wonderful dish you need very simple products, but first you need to properly prepare them. So, let's start with white cabbage. We disassemble the fork for inflorescences, transfer them to a colander and carefully rinse off any dirt.
After that, send the pieces into a deep bowl, fill with ordinary running water, so that it completely covers them, and add a little salt there, a teaspoon is enough. Let the cabbage lightly infuse in the resulting liquid for about 15 minutesto get rid of toxins or midges, bugs, and also worms which are very often present in this vegetable.
Step 2: Cook Cauliflower.
After the right time, we rinse the cabbage again, move it into a deep pan, fill it with the right amount of purified water and put it on medium heat. After boiling, season the vegetable to taste with salt and cook for 12-15 minutes to complete softness.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the necessary ingredients.
We don’t lose a minute, we take out pasteurized whole milk and butter, you can make home-made food from which we immediately remove the packaging, cut it into small cubes or slices with a kitchen knife and allow these products to warm to room temperature.
Step 4: prepare mashed cauliflower.
As soon as the cabbage is boiled, using a slotted spoon, we move it into a colander and leave it in the sink for several minutes, so that the glass has excess liquid.
Then we transfer it to a clean, dry bowl of the blender, add 4 tablespoons of the liquid in which the vegetable was boiled, a little pasteurized whole milk, slightly softened butter and grind all the products to a state of a smoothie without lumps.
Then we try it, optionally season with an additional portion of salt, mix again and serve to the table.
Step 5: Serve the cauliflower puree.
Cauliflower puree is served hot immediately after cooking as a side dish or main vegetarian dish. It is served in portions on plates for lunch or dinner, optionally sprinkled with your favorite finely chopped herbs, for example, dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or thyme. This yummy is pleasant to eat with anything from baked rabbit, fried fish, stewed chicken, pork roll, beef cutlets to the usual vegetable salad, as well as marinades and pickles. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- the puree will turn out smoother if you grind it with a hand blender;
- sometimes a little tender milk cheese, for example, Philadelphia, or creamy cottage cheese is added to all products, these ingredients must be mixed in a blender at the same time as everyone else;
- An alternative to whole pasteurized milk is natural cow, but it must be boiled before use. Also, this product can be replaced with not very greasy cream or sour cream, especially if you are going to feed children from 1 year old and older with this dish;
- Some gourmets prefer mashed potatoes with spices and very often put turmeric for color or allspice or black pepper for flavor;
- if desired, cabbage can be cooked in meat broth or in water, but together with onions and garlic, they will give this vegetable their aroma, and the dish will turn out more fragrant.