Ingredients for making zucchini fritters with garlic
- Zucchini young 2 pieces (weight 500 grams)
- Fresh chicken egg - 2 pieces to taste
- Garlic 2-3 prongs (large)
- Dill 1 bunch (weight 30 grams)
- Parsley 1 bunch (weight 30 grams)
- Wheat flour (sifted) 5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main IngredientsSquash, Garlic, Eggs, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, grater, deep bowl, tablespoon, stove, frying pan, kitchen spatula, waffle towel or piece of gauze, a large flat dish or serving plate.
Cooking squash fritters with garlic:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Have you decided to treat your family with a delicious vegetarian dish according to this recipe? If so, then let's get started, and believe me, you will not regret the result! First, using a sharp kitchen knife, we remove the cloves of garlic from the peel, and at the zucchini we remove the caps at both ends. Then we wash them together with dill, as well as parsley under the trickles of cold running water. We dry everything with paper kitchen towels, take turns laying on a cutting board and continue preparation. Finely chop the greens and set aside with garlic to the side, they will be needed a little later. Zucchini grate in a clean deep bowl on a medium or large grater, sprinkle with a small amount of salt and leave in this form for 20 minutesso that they give juice. After that, put the rest of the necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the squash mixture.
After 20 minutes, drain the juice from the infused zucchini, transfer the chopped vegetable to the middle of the waffle towel or a piece of gauze folded in 2-3 layers, squeeze it from the remaining moisture over the sink and send it back to the bowl. We add chopped dill and parsley there, rub on a fine grater or squeeze the cloves of garlic through a special press, put a raw chicken egg, add sifted wheat flour, salt and black pepper to taste.
We mix these products with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the squash pancakes with garlic.
We put on a medium fire a large, preferably non-stick pan and pour in it a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. After a few minutes, we pick up a whole tablespoon of zucchini mixture and dip it into the heated fat, giving the shape of a circle up to 1 centimeter thick. In the same way, we form another 2-3 pancakes in the pan, so that they are located at a small distance from each other.
After about 3 minutes vegetable pancakes are covered on one side with a uniform golden crust. Using a kitchen spatula, turn them over to another and cook as much, that is, 2-3 minutes, or until browned on all sides. When the pancakes are completely ready, put them on a paper towel, previously spread out on the countertop, and leave it on it for a while so that it absorbs excess fat. We don’t lose a minute, in the same way we fry the rest squash round until the mixture is over. Then we serve aromatic dishes to the table on a large flat dish or in portions on plates.
Step 4: Serve the zucchini fritters with garlic.
Zucchini pancakes with garlic are served like any other: either hot or warm. Serve them on a large flat dish or in portions on plates as a second dish or side dish for dishes of meat, poultry and game. It is pleasant to enjoy these vegetable pancakes together with sauces based on vegetables, fruits, cream, sour cream, mayonnaise or sour-milk yogurt mixed with herbs and garlic. Cook with pleasure and be healthy!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you don’t like the taste of black pepper that is too pungent, then replace it with aromatic. Zucchini mixture can also be seasoned with any other spices and dried herbs that are used during the preparation of vegetable dishes, for example, hyssop, sage, rosemary, coriander, and these are just a few of all the possible options;
- to the parsley and dill very often add a little fresh cilantro, green onion and basil;
- some housewives, to make pancakes more nutritious, put in a zucchini mixture a little cottage cheese, feta cheese, Philadelphia cheese or feta cheese, rubbed through a sieve, about 150-200 grams will be needed for the above mass of products;
- You decided to cook these pancakes, but in your refrigerator there were only zucchini of the late variety? Then it’s better to remove the thick skin from them with a knife, and also get rid of large seeds and only after that grind on a grater;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - cream, from it the dish turns out more tender.