Ingredients for Making Honey Mustard Bread
- Pure water 250 milliliters
- Sifted wheat flour 150 grams
- Granular dry yeast 1 teaspoon
For the test:
- Wheat flour 150 grams per dough and 50 grams for kneading
- Floral honey 1 tablespoon
- Ready mustard 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Flour, Honey
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen stove, Stewpan, Measuring cup (for water), Kitchen scale (for flour), Teaspoon, Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Plastic food wrap, Cloth dish towel, Oven, Baking dish, Pastry brush, Wooden kitchen skewer - 1 - 2 pieces, Metal grill (from the stove), Cutting board, Knife (serrated)
Cooking honey mustard bread:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
We turn on the medium gas on the stove and put on it a stewpan with 250 milliliters of pure water. We heat water to 37 - 40 degrees. It should be slightly warm, but not hot!
Pour the heated water into a deep bowl. Add to it 1 teaspoon of dry granulated yeast and 150 grams of sifted wheat flour.
Using a tablespoon, mix the ingredients until smooth. Tighten the bowl with a dough with plastic wrap and put it in a warm place (near the included stove) for 1 hour.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
After 1 hour we crush the dough with clean hands. Then we add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of finished mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt and 150 grams of sifted wheat flour. Knead the dough.
When the flour mass begins to become dense, we transfer it to the kitchen table, crushed by a small amount of flour, and continue kneading on a flat surface. We devote to this process 5 - 7 minutes. The finished dough should stick slightly to your hands and be of medium density.
We put it back into the bowl, cover it with a cloth kitchen towel and put it in a warm place on 20 minutes. While the dough is infused, preheat the oven to temperature 230 degrees celsius and grease the bread pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Step 3: form and bake the bread.
After 20 minutes, re-knead the dough. We form an oval bun from it and put it in a prepared for baking form. Using a pastry brush, grease the top of the dough with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. We put the form with the dough in a warm place on 20 minutes.
After the required time has passed, set the form with the dough in the oven, heated to the desired temperature. We put it on the middle rack and bake bread for 15 - 20 minutes. During this time, it will be baked inside, and covered with a golden crust on top. If desired, you can check its readiness with a wooden kitchen skewer. Just insert one end of the wooden stick into the middle of the bread, if it comes out dry - the baking is ready.
At the end of cooking, we put on kitchen gloves and remove the bread pan from the oven. We put it on a cutting board, previously laid on the kitchen table. Cool the bread for 10 - 20 minutes. After we take out the bun from the mold, transfer it to the metal grate (from the stove) and let cool to room temperature.
Step 4: serve honey mustard bread.
Honey mustard bread is served warm or at room temperature. Fragrant roll placed on a cutting board. Cut into portions with a serrated knife and lay the pieces of bread on porcelain bread plates or put them in wicker baskets. Such bread can be served with different first and second courses. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- The bread pan can first be covered with baking paper and sprinkled with flour.
- Bread can be baked in any other container: in a heat-resistant bowl, pan, on a baking sheet.
- If desired, dry spices can be added to the dough: coriander, ground allspice, saffron, sage or basil, as well as dry onions or garlic powder.
- If you want your bread to not crumble during slicing, then cover it with a damp towel and let stand for a while.
- If you grease the dough with milk or a beaten egg before baking, then the bread will also acquire a beautiful golden crust.