The ingredients for cooking red fish in the oven
For the dish:
- Fresh salmon fillet 500 grams
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 medium-sized lemon
- Salt 3 pinches
- Ground black pepper 2 pinches
For the sauce:
- Sour cream with a fat content of 20% 4 tablespoons
- Fresh dill greens 0.5 medium bunch
- Medium sized garlic 1 clove
- Salt 1 pinch
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Onion, Lemon
- Serving 2 servings
Tablespoon, cutting board, oven, kitchen knife, deep bowl, plate - 2 pieces, saucer, baking sheet, food foil, serving dish, wooden spatula, kitchen paper towels, serving bowl, small bowl, refrigerator, cling film, kitchen potholders
Cooking red fish in the oven:
Step 1: prepare onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse well under running warm water. Then put the component on a cutting board and cut into thin circles. Attention: each piece is not divided into rings, but left in this form. Next, transfer the prepared onion to a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the lemon.
Wash the lemon lightly under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the citrus across thin slices. The crushed component is moved to a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the red fish.
We wash red fish from all sides under running warm water. Then we wipe it with kitchen paper towels and put it in a small bowl. Grate the salmon pulp with salt and leave it aside for a while.
Step 4: prepare the dill.
We wash the dill well under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Finely chop the greens with a knife and immediately pour it into a clean saucer.
Step 5: prepare the garlic.
We put the garlic on a chopping board and with the help of a knife edge we press lightly. Next, with clean hands, remove the husk, and rinse the clove under running water.
We return the component back to a flat surface and finely chop. Pour chopped garlic in a saucer with dill.
Step 6: prepare the cream sauce for the dish.
Pour sour cream into a deep bowl, and add chopped dill and garlic. Pour salt here and, using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. We put the finished sour cream sauce in the refrigerator to infuse and soak with the juices of the constituent components. Attention: so that the gas station does not absorb extraneous odors, we wrap the container with cling film.
Step 7: cook the red fish in the oven.
Cover the baking sheet with a large piece of food foil. Spread salmon fillet here (with the skin down) and immediately sprinkle with black ground pepper. We place onion circles on top, and then lemon. Now we wrap the fish in foil so that no air gets inside. To do this, just fasten (slightly wrap) the edges of the metal segment.
Turn on the oven and heat it to temperature 180 ° C. Then put the baking sheet here on a medium level and bake the dish for 1 hour. During this time, red fish is completely baked and saturated with juices of other components. Thanks to onions, the salmon will turn out to be juicy and tender, and the lemon will play its irreplaceable role - it will make the taste of the dish with soft acidity. After the allotted time, we turn off the oven, and we take out the pan from there with the help of kitchen gloves and set aside. We unfold the food foil and allow the fish to cool slightly.
Step 8: serve the red fish in the oven.
Using a wooden spatula, we bake red fish with a wooden spatula on a special plate and serve it to the dining table. Since this dish is prepared for two, you can immediately cut the salmon into two pieces. As for the sauce, it can be served in a separate bowl or immediately pour them fish. But you can enjoy such a delicious and delicate dish along with boiled rice, mashed potatoes, a salad of fresh vegetables and, of course, a glass of red or white dry wine.
- to prepare such a dish, you can use both salmon and salmon, trout and even pink salmon;
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can sprinkle salmon with others to your taste. For example, it can be special seasonings for fish, ground coriander, thyme, saffron and even mustard seeds;
- for the preparation of sauce, you can also use natural thick yogurt without additives or homemade cream with a low fat content;
- if you decide to take frozen red fish, then be sure to let it go to room temperature on its own. Attention: In no case do not defrost it under running hot water or in the microwave, otherwise you can not only ruin the dish, but also change the structure of the meat.