Ingredients for cooking fish in the oven
- River fish (bream, rudd) 3.5 kilograms
- Purified water 200 milliliters
- Table vinegar 9% 100 milliliters
- Dill to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup, scraper for cleaning fish, kitchen knife, paper kitchen towels, oven, non-stick baking sheet, deep plate, whisk, cutting board - 2 pieces, kitchen oven mitts, kitchen spatula, portion plate.
Cooking fish in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
So, for starters, take fresh bream weighing from 500 to 800 grams, thoroughly rinse them from mucus, silt and blood clots. Then, using a special scraper or a sharp kitchen knife, we remove the scales from them, starting from the tail and rising higher, this can also be done under trickles of water. Then, in turn, we open the abdomen on each carcass from the anus to the head and remove all the insides from them. We wash bream again, cut out the gills from each head and, if desired, get rid of the eyes, which we simply poke with our thumb and squeeze.
We dry the fish with paper kitchen towels, rub it inside and outside to taste with salt, black pepper and put it on a non-stick baking sheet. After that, preheat the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius, put the rest of the necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: bake fish in the oven.
In a small deep plate, shake with a whisk to a uniform consistency table vinegar with purified water at room temperature. Pour the resulting mixture of fish and sprinkle it with a generous portion of dried dill. We put still raw bream in the oven preheated to the desired temperature on the upper rack and leave it there for 20 minutes. After this time, with the help of a kitchen spatula, as well as a table fork, transfer the carcasses of river residents to the other side and bake more 30-35 minutesfor which the dish will reach full readiness.
As soon as this happens, we pull the kitchen gloves in our hands, move the baking sheet to the cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and allow the fish to cool slightly. Then, using a kitchen spatula, distribute the bream in portions on plates and serve to the table with your favorite side dish.
Step 3: serve the fish in the oven.
Fish in the oven, as you see, cooks quite easily and relatively quickly. After baking, it is slightly cooled, laid out in portions on plates and served hot as a second main course for lunch or dinner. You can offer any side dish to such yummy, starting from mashed potatoes, baked, boiled, steamed vegetables, cereals from your favorite cereals, pasta and ending with a regular salad, marinades, pickles, herbs, as well as fresh bread. Enjoy a delicious simple meal and have fun!
Enjoy your meal!
- Why water the fish with a mixture of vinegar and water? Such an acidic environment is an excellent tool for combating pathogenic bacteria, that is, parasitic organisms in the form of fungi, helminths and even most of the viruses;
- What can replace 9% table vinegar? Its alternative is wine vinegar or freshly squeezed juice from one large lemon, also citrus will help to remove the delicate, but quite tangible aroma of tina;
- if desired, the fish before baking can be stuffed with herbs, their mixture with the addition of softened butter, ground nuts or finely chopped vegetables: tomatoes, eggplant, bell pepper, garlic and even corn;
- very often, some housewives cover the baking sheets with sheets of aluminum food foil and only then put the fish on it;
- the recipe contains classic spices, but you can use any that are used to season fish dishes, for example, savory, tarragon, red pepper, rosemary, sage, white mustard, caraway, thyme, parsnip, laurel leaf, peppermint or others;
- if you buy fish in the market, you need to know a few rules of its choice! It is best that she be alive and move, but this happens very rarely, and then if you're lucky. Therefore, first we look at the appearance of carcasses! Fresh gills will have either bright or dark red gills. The smell is delicate sea or river, but not sharp. Eyes - clear, transparent without turbidity, not dried out and not tumbled. Scales - shiny, without blackening. The meat is elastic, not leaving the bones, that’s all the rules!