Ingredients for cooking lazy cabbage rolls in a double boiler
- Minced meat (chicken or pork) 500 g
- Onion 1 pc
- Cabbage 300 g
- Egg 1 pc
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Cabbage, Onions, Chicken
Cooking lazy cabbage rolls in a double boiler:
Step 1: Prepare the cabbage and onions.
With Beijing cabbage, cabbage rolls are more juicy than with white cabbage and cook faster. It is usually recommended to cut the cabbage into small cubes. In fact, if cut into small strips, it will turn out no worse. If you decide to cook with white cabbage, then it is better not to use thickened places near the cob. Sliced cabbage in a bowl.
Peel the onion and cut into small cubes, you can grate it on a grater. Transfer chopped onions in a bowl to the cabbage.
Step 2: Cook the stuffing for lazy cabbage rolls in a double boiler.
You can take any scarf for cabbage rolls: chicken, pork or pork and beef. With chicken cabbage rolls will turn out more tender. The ideal option is to use homemade minced meat, then you will definitely know that it is 100% meat.
Add chopped onion and cabbage, egg to the minced meat.
Stir to make a homogeneous mass. Salt and add black ground pepper. Any other spices that you are used to using with meat are also suitable.
Step 3: Cook the lazy cabbage rolls in a double boiler.
Form small balls from the minced meat, when you put them in a double boiler, flatten them a little. Cook lazy cabbage rolls in a double boiler for 40 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the lazy cabbage rolls in the steam room.
Put lazy cabbage rolls in plates and pour sauce, such as tomato or mushroom, or just sour cream.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can add ready-made rice, carrots, garlic to minced meat. In some recipes, instead of an egg, they suggest adding a little semolina (about 2 tbsp.).
- Check the readiness of lazy cabbage rolls, the cooking time may vary, it depends on their size and type of stuffing.