Ingredients for Making Baby Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken fillet (fresh) 300 grams
- Round grain rice (boiled until fully cooked) 100 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Wheat flour (sifted) 2 tablespoons
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Carrot 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Dill or parsley (fresh or dried) to taste and desire
- Sour cream 100 milliliters
- Juice from tomatoes in own juice 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients: Onions, Carrots, Chicken, Eggs, Sour Cream
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A tablespoon - 2 pieces, a teaspoon, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, a blender, paper kitchen towels, a deep bowl - 2 pieces, an oven, a heat-resistant or non-stick baking dish, kitchen oven mitts, a serving plate.
Cooking baby chicken meatballs:
Step 1: prepare the chicken fillet.
Very often, parents are faced with a problem than to feed their beloved baby, who has sharp teeth that require unusual, new and tasty food. So, if your child knows the first delights of meat dishes, you can diversify their assortment, for example, delicate meatballs. Let's start with fresh broiler chicken. Thoroughly rinse it under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and cut cartilages and a thin film with a sharp kitchen knife.
Step 2: chop the chicken.
Next, chop the chicken into small pieces up to 2-3 centimeters in size and chop them in any convenient way. For example, we pass through an electric or manual meat grinder. Although you can grind using a food processor or, as in my case, a stationary blender at the highest speed. The resulting stuffing is transferred to a deep bowl, the kitchen appliance is washed, dried and put on the countertop again, it will still be needed.
Step 3: prepare the vegetables.
Now, using a new knife, peel the onions and carrots. Thoroughly wash them off the sand, dip them with paper towels, send them to a clean board and cut into small pieces up to 1 centimeter in size.
Step 4: chop the vegetables.
With vegetables, we do the same as with chicken, that is, we pass through a meat grinder, but twice, or grind it using the other above-mentioned kitchen appliances, but at medium speed to small pieces. Spruce chose one of the last options, then do not be zealous so that vegetables do not turn into mashed potatoes! At the same time, turn on the oven on 180 degrees celsius and heat 200 milliliters of purified water in a teapot.
Step 5: prepare the minced meat.
Then we shift the chopped carrots and onions into a bowl with ground chicken fillet. We add round-grain rice boiled until fully cooked, unshelled chicken egg, sifted wheat flour and a little salt that should not be used in large quantities, it is quite harmful for a child, as, in principle, an adult body. If desired, season with finely chopped or dried greens of dill or parsley, mix the minced meat with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 6: prepare the pouring sauce.
Pour boiling water from the kettle into a clean deep bowl. After a few minutes, when the water becomes warm, add sour cream and a tablespoon of juice from the tomatoes indicated in the ingredients, and if there are none, then you can replace this product with a drop of tomato puree or not put it at all. We mix everything until smooth - a tasty, fragrant and harmless filling is ready!
Step 7: we form children's chicken meatballs.
After that, we moisten the palm in running water, put a full teaspoon of rice-chicken mixture on it, form a small ball with a diameter of up to 2.5 centimeters from it and send it to the bottom of a non-stick, and preferably heat-resistant, baking dish. In the same way we form the remaining meatballs and distribute the meat balls at a small distance from each other, one centimeter of free space is enough.
Step 8: prepare children's chicken meatballs.
Then put the still raw dish in the oven preheated to the desired temperature and bake 10 minutes. Next, fill the meatballs with sauce-pouring from sour cream, as well as tomato juice and bring to full readiness for another 18-20 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
Then we put on the kitchen gloves and rearrange the form on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop. We give the yummy meat to cool slightly, transfer a small portion to a small children's plate and taste with the baby!
Step 9: serve the baby chicken meatballs.
After cooking, the baby chicken meatballs cool and serve the baby warm. Basically they are served without any side dish, because there is meat and rice, but if you want to slightly refresh the dish, add a slice of fresh cucumber to your child’s plate or your favorite vegetable puree from zucchini, eggplant, green peas, carrots, or what is more like your child. Enjoy a healthy, delicious meal and don't get sick!
Enjoy your meal!
- pediatricians advise giving children from the 1st year of life round-grain rice. It boils well and becomes quite tender, not as dense as long-grain. Boil it in a large amount of slightly salted water, a little longer than usual time, about 20-22 minutes. Then throw in a colander, rinse, dry and add to different dishes or use as a side dish for the baby;
- Do not use spices in children's dishes, they can cause an allergic reaction. Better add a little fresh herbs, dill, parsley, cilantro, a drop of basil, such herbs improve digestion, and some of them even relieve colic;
- do not forget that the portion of meat dishes in the diet of a child who only knows all the delights of delicious food should not exceed 100 grams;
- carrots can be replaced with zucchini, pumpkin or eggplant;
- meatballs prepared according to this recipe are suitable for children from 8-9 months and older who have passed the first meat complementary foods in the form of mashed potatoes, boiled, as well as ground meat of any kind and can independently chew food;
- carrots can be chopped on a fine grater, and chopped onions into small cubes up to 5 millimeters in size and then combine with minced chicken.