Ingredients for Cooking Meat Casserole with Zucchini
- Zucchini 3 pieces (medium)
- Minced meat "Assorted" (from beef and pork) 1 kilogram
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Parsley 1 bunch (medium)
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- 4 eggs
- Sour cream (12% fat) 400 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Beef, Pork, Onions, Zucchini, Eggs, Sour Cream, Greens
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a deep bowl - 2 pieces, a tablespoon - 2 pieces, a stove, a frying pan, a kitchen spatula, a whisk, a kitchen towel, an oven, a heat-resistant baking dish, baking paper, kitchen gloves, portioned plate.
Cooking meat casseroles with zucchini:
Step 1: prepare zucchini, onions and herbs.
Still do not believe that with such a small number of products you can make a delicious dish? Then let's get started and you will see how simple it is! So, first with a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onion and rinse it together with zucchini, as well as parsley under the trickles of cold running water. Then we dry everything with paper kitchen towels, take turns sending to the cutting board and continue the preparation. Zucchini shred rings with a thickness of 6-7 millimeters, spread in a deep bowl, slightly salted, mixed and left in this form until use.
We chop onions into cubes up to 1 centimeter.
Green is just finely chopped.
Step 2: Stew the onion with minced meat.
Then we put the pan on medium heat and pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, put the chopped onion into the preheated fat and fry it 3-4 minutes until soft, as well as a touch of light golden crust, stirring vigorously. After that we add pork and beef mincemeat "Assorted" to the browned vegetable.
We extinguish it in the allocated juice until it acquires a gray tint, constantly breaking it with a kitchen spatula so that it does not go lumpy.
About after 10 minutes all moisture will evaporate, season the meat to taste with salt, black pepper and lightly fry for another 10-12 minutes until almost complete readiness. Then turn off the stove, use a kitchen towel to move the pan to a cutting board, add chopped parsley to the aromatic minced meat and mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency. We put the rest of the necessary products on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the fill.
We turn on the oven 180 degrees Celsius and cover the deep heat-resistant form with a sheet of baking paper, so that its edges slightly extend beyond the sides of the baking dish. After that, pour the right amount of not very fat sour cream into a deep bowl, add chicken eggs to it, salt to taste, ground black pepper and beat these products with a whisk until a uniform consistency - the filling is ready.
Step 4: form a meat casserole with zucchini.
Now we lay out part of the squash rings at the bottom of the laid shape, so that there are no gaps between the joints. Immediately distribute the stuffing from minced meat on them evenly.
Then we cover it with zucchini, which are now better laid out artistically, that is, in the form of a relief pattern.
Then we water the practically formed, still raw dish with the cooked dressing from eggs and sour cream.
Step 5: bring the dish to full readiness.
We send the casserole into the preheated oven on the upper rack and stand it there, without disturbing, 45-50 minutes or until covered with a uniform golden crust. During this time, almost all of the vegetable juice will evaporate, the cream and egg mixture will condense and acquire a charming blush.
As soon as the dish is ready, put on the kitchen gloves, rearrange the form on a cutting board previously laid on the countertop, cover it with another sheet of baking paper, so that the gap remains, and let the casserole cool slightly for 15-20 minutes. After that, using a kitchen spatula or a sharp knife, divide it into portions, distribute them on plates and taste forwards!
Step 6: serve the meat casserole with zucchini.
Casserole with zucchini after cooking slightly cools. Then this miracle is divided into portions, laid out on plates, optionally decorated with sprigs of fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley or cilantro and served as a main course for lunch or dinner.
In addition to such a fragrant dish, you can offer a salad of fresh vegetables, sour cream, cream, ketchup or mayonnaise. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- if the dish during baking started to burn from above, lower it on the middle rack or cover it with a sheet of baking paper or turn off the top tena and cook the remaining time, only using the bottom;
- a set of spices is not fundamental, use any that season dishes of meat or vegetables. Also, if desired, you can add a little garlic squeezed through a press and slices of sweet salad pepper to the filling, nor add flavor and aroma;
- Are the marrows very juicy? Then they should be squeezed from excess liquid before the formation of the casserole, otherwise they will put a lot of juice in the oven, and from this the dish can turn out to be very watery. If nevertheless you forgot to do this and see that the food is not baked due to the huge amount of liquid, just increase the oven temperature to 200 degrees Celsius so that the moisture evaporates faster and, in this case, cook the casserole only on the middle rack to avoid burning the crust ;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - cream;
- sometimes some hostesses add a couple of tablespoons of wheat flour to the egg-sour cream mixture, this casserole turns out to be more dense, even slightly dry.