Homemade Meringue Ingredients
- Egg white 3 pieces
- Sugar or icing sugar (sand) 165-180 grams
- Citric acid 1 pinch
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Kitchen scale, oven, non-stick baking sheet, baking or parchment paper, kitchen sponge, kitchen knife, deep bowl, mixer, pastry bag with nozzle, kitchen spatula, dessert plate.
Cooking meringues at home:
Step 1: prepare the oven and pan.
When such a delicious dessert is cooked at home, it is very important to follow the rules of each step. First, turn on the oven on 100-110 degrees Celsius, this is the best temperature at which the perfect dry meringue is obtained, as in a store, so do not experiment! Then we cover the non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of baking or parchment paper. Use foil or spread whipped protein on a clean or simply oiled surface is not worth it, baking will burn!
Step 2: prepare the chicken eggs.
Next, choose chicken eggs! First of all, they should be fresh, large and chilled! We wash them with a soft sponge in cold water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns knocking each back side of the knife, divide the shell into two parts and transfer the squirrels to a clean, dry, deep bowl so that no fragments or pieces of yolk get in there!
Step 3: beat the chicken protein.
Now we put a bowl of proteins under the mixer blades and pour a little sugar into it, a couple of tablespoons is enough for a start. We lower the whisk of the kitchen appliance down, turn on the machine at low speed and beat everything for 2-3 minutes or until the contents of the bowl are filled with air bubbles, like mineral water.
After this, pour a little more sugar, you can as much as the first time. Slightly increase the speed of the mixer, for example, to an average level, and continue to mix the ingredients to soft wavy peaks. It will take about from 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the power of the kitchen appliance.
So, gradually, without stopping the process, we introduce all the granulated sugar into the protein, slowly but surely increasing the speed of the mixer to the maximum. We periodically stop the process so that the kitchen appliance does not overheat, and continue to shake the gradually increasing and becoming dense mass again and again.
After about another four or five minutes of intensive beating, put a pinch of citric acid in a bowl, it will give stability and bright whiteness to whipped proteins.
To prepare a quality meringue mixture, you will need approximately 25-30 minutes, taking into account short breaks. As a result, you should get a snow-white, shiny, elastic, almost glossy foam that adheres tightly to the nozzle blades. Only after achieving the desired result can you proceed to the next step!
Step 4: form the meringue.
If the whites are whipped correctly, then half the job is done. Using a tablespoon, transfer them to a pastry bag with the desired nozzle installed on it, for example, “Flower” or “Star”, and using this inventory, we plant a snow-white mass on a prepared baking sheet. It is advisable that there is a small free space between the meringues in 1.5-2 centimeters, and each portion served did not exceed mass in 1 tablespoon.
Step 5: bake meringues at home.
Now we check the temperature of the oven, if it is very hot, bring to the desired 100-110 degrees and put in it on the middle rack a baking sheet with a formed treat. Dry meringues for 2 hours. If the oven does not hold the desired temperature during baking, but exceeds it, then it is better to slightly open its door so that there is a small gap! Does your kitchen appliance have a high overhead heat? In this case, after about 1 hour, the protein will start to burn, therefore it is better to cover it with a sheet of aluminum food foil, which will help to avoid a dark top on sweet products.
After the right time, turn off the oven and leave the dessert in it until it cools completely, it will take another 60-90 minutes. Then carefully rearrange the baking sheet on a cutting board and insist the meringue at room temperature 25-30 minutesto slightly wind up. Then we touch it with your fingertip, if the tip is firm, the yummy is ready, with the help of a kitchen spatula we put it on a dessert plate and taste it ahead!
Step 6: serve meringues at home.
- if desired, a couple of drops of fruit or berry essence or a bag of vanilla sugar can be added to whipped protein;
- for meringues to work out, you need to know the correct sugar calculation, and this is about 55-60 grams for each protein;
- an alternative to citric acid - freshly squeezed lemon juice, wine or ordinary vinegar or tartar. Any of these ingredients is suitable, since they all contain acid, which binds protein cells of proteins and during beating they become more uniform, and also hold an airy shape for a long time;
- there are several stages of whipping proteins, foam is an excellent option for omelet, soft peaks suitable for baking pies and other desserts, solid peaks are an ideal mixture for meringues or meringues, as well as excessively driven protein when it becomes dry and grainy. If in the first two variants the situation can be easily corrected by gradually continuing mixing, then it is better not to go to the last, otherwise you will have to add fresh to the whipped protein and start the whole process almost all over;
- some housewives advise adding a couple of tablespoons of starch to the protein mixture, it is believed that it absorbs the excess moisture that sugar gives, and because of this, the whipped mixture turns out to be thicker, and also keeps its shape longer;
- you want the meringue to be viscous inside, then bake a treat for 30-40 minutes at a temperature of 150-160 degrees Celsius.