Ingredients for cooking chicken with zucchini and potatoes
- Broiler chicken (fresh shanks of medium size) 4 pieces (weight 640 grams)
- Potatoes 5-6 pieces (400 grams)
- Zucchini 2 pieces (400 grams)
- Onions 1 piece (60 grams)
- Tomatoes 2 pieces (80 grams)
- Carrot 1 piece (60 grams)
- Parsley 1 small bunch (about 30 grams)
- Green onion 1 small bunch (about 30 grams)
- Purified water as needed
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Laurel leaf to taste
- Dried basil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Zucchini, Chicken
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scales, a tablespoon, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper coupon towels, a bowl - 4-5 pieces, a stove, a grater, a cauldron with a lid (capacity 3 liters), a wooden kitchen shovel, a serving plate.
Cooking chicken with zucchini and potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the chicken.
This dish was inspired by my refrigerator, in which there were very suitable products, as well as my family - lovers of delicious and simple food. So, first we take the right amount of broiler chicken, in my case it’s four medium tibia, and rinse them under trickles of cold running water, while removing the remnants of feathers with thin hairs with a kitchen knife from the skin. We dry them with paper kitchen towels, shift them into a small bowl and turn our eyes to other products.
Step 2: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Using a clean knife, peel potatoes, carrots and onions. Then we wash them together with tomatoes, as well as herbs under water and dry. Then, in turn, we lay out on a cutting board and continue the preparation. We divide the potatoes into 4-8 parts or cut them into 2 centimeter cubes. We send the slices of the vegetable into a clean deep dish with cold water and leave it until use so that it does not darken.
Chop onions in half rings or quarters, chop the carrots on a large or medium grater.
Zucchini shred in large slices of a size of 3 centimeters, and tomato small up to 1 centimeter.
Parsley with green onions just finely chopped, distribute everything in separate bowls, put the remaining necessary products, spices on the countertop and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 3: cook the chicken with zucchini and potatoes.
We put a deep cauldron on a medium fire and pour a little vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, when the fat is very hot, lower the chicken legs into it, sprinkle them with dried basil, salt and fry until browned.
Then we add chopped onions with carrots there and cook them together with the meat until soft, as well as a light golden crust, about 3-4 minutes.
After that, fill these ingredients with purified water so that it reaches the middle of their level, season to taste with salt and simmer the chicken for 15 minutes, periodically turning from side to side with a wooden kitchen spatula. Then we put potatoes, a leaf of laurel there, add a little more water, it should slightly cover the vegetable, and after boiling we cook it 10 minutes.
Then we throw into the cauldron pieces of zucchini, tomatoes and continue to cook the dish until all the ingredients are ready, but under a covered lid, on moderate heat, so that the liquid gently gurgles and gradually evaporates.
About after 18-20 minutes all vegetables will become soft, and the chicken will soak in their aroma and become almost crumbly.
Season the dish with additional servings of salt, dried basil, black pepper, fresh chopped herbs, mix and stand on the stove for more 2-3 minutes. Then turn off the fire, let the dish brew 9-10 minutes and go ahead and taste it!
Step 4: serve chicken with zucchini and potatoes.
Chicken with zucchini and potatoes after cooking a little infused under a covered lid. Then vegetables and meat are distributed in portions on plates, each optionally sprinkled with a small additional amount of fresh chopped greens, and served as a main course for lunch or dinner. Savor this yummy with a vegetable salad, marinades, pickles and fresh bread. Enjoy and be healthy!
Enjoy your meal!
- the main products in this recipe are zucchini and potatoes with chicken, all the rest are secondary and are used in very small quantities, this is the name of the recipe. But if you increase the mass of tomatoes, as well as supplement the composition with vegetables such as green peas, eggplant, lettuce, plus cabbage or broccoli, you get a wonderful, very tasty stew;
- sometimes instead of water they use meat broth or vegetable broth or a mixture of sour cream, tomato juice (pasta) and water;
- very often at the end of cooking, chopped garlic is added with greens, 2 teeth are enough;
- if desired, the upper hard peel can be removed from zucchini, and if they are old varieties, then hard seeds inside the vegetable;
- in the original of this recipe, a couple of minutes before readiness, the cook seasoned the dish with a drop of liquid smoke, if your family likes its aroma, then you can use it.