Ingredients for Making Vermicelli Casserole with Minced Meat
- Minced meat "Assorted" fresh (pork and beef) 500 grams
- Vermicelli "Spider Web" 1.5 cups
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Sour cream 350 milliliters
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Hard cheese 100 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- A mixture of spices for meat to taste (composition: dried dill, parsley, basil, oregano, ground mustard, sumac, garlic granules, savory, paprika, coriander, thyme)
- Purified water 3 liters
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Onions, Eggs, Sour Cream, Pasta
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, stove, frying pan, wooden kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, measuring cup (for water), deep pan (capacity 4 liters), wooden kitchen spoon, deep bowl - 2 pieces, whisk, grater, bowl, colander, oven, heat-resistant baking dish, baking brush, kitchen gloves, portioned plate.
Cooking casserole from vermicelli with minced meat:
Step 1: prepare water for pasta and onions.
First, pour the right amount of purified water into a deep pan and put it on a strong fire, let it boil. Meanwhile, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onion, rinse it, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and chop it into 1 centimeter cubes.
Step 2: Stew the onion with minced meat.
Next, turn on the adjacent burner on medium heat and put a frying pan with two tablespoons of vegetable oil on it. After a few minutes, dip the chopped onion into the preheated fat. Fry it 2-3 minutes until soft and light golden.
Then we add fresh minced pork, as well as beef to the browned vegetable. Season them to taste with salt, black pepper, the mixture of spices indicated in the recipe, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chopped meat changes its red tint to light gray, intensively breaking it with a kitchen spatula.
Then we reduce the fire to a minimum level. Pour a little purified water into the pan, enough is enough 50 milliliters. We bring the minced meat to full readiness even within 10 minutes and remove from the stove, let it cool off to the side before use.
Step 3: cook the vermicelli.
While we were stewing the meat, the water in the pan began to boil, add a little salt to it and carefully pour the vermicelli. Cook pasta 3-5 minutesstirring constantly with a wooden kitchen spoon to prevent hot dishes from sticking to the bottom. Then we recline in a colander, rinse thoroughly under trickles of cold running water and leave in the sink on 5-7 minutesto glass excess fluid.
Step 4: prepare the mold, oven and cheese.
Do not lose a minute, turn on and preheat the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius. After that, with the help of a baking brush, grease with the tablespoon of vegetable oil the bottom, as well as the inside of the sides of the non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish. Then with a clean knife we cut off the paraffin crust from the hard cheese and chop it into clean dishes on a fine, medium or large grater.
Step 5: prepare the sour cream filling.
Then pour sour cream in a deep bowl, add raw chicken eggs, a little salt, pepper and spices to it. Do not forget that spices have already been used and you should not be zealous with them! Beat all the components of the filling with a whisk to a uniform lush consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 6: form a casserole of vermicelli with minced meat.
Next, we move the already slightly cooled minced meat into a deep bowl, send the boiled vermicelli to it and carefully loosen them with a tablespoon. We shift the resulting mixture into a baking dish, pour over the previously prepared sour cream and egg mass, level everything with an even layer and sprinkle with chopped cheese.
Step 7: bring the vermicelli casserole with minced meat to full readiness.
We put still raw casserole in the oven preheated to the desired temperature on the middle rack and stand there for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. As soon as the dish is browned, put on the kitchen gloves and put it on the cutting board previously laid on the countertop. Let the aromatic dish cool slightly, then divide the kitchen spatula into portions, distribute them on plates and serve to the table.
Step 8: serve the vermicelli casserole with minced meat.
Vermicelli casserole with minced meat is served warm or hot as a main course. Before serving, it is cut into portions, laid out on plates and put on the table with your favorite additions, which can be fresh vegetable salads, marinades, pickles and sauces, such as tomato, sour cream or regular mayonnaise or ketchup. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- if your oven has the “Top Grill” function, turn it on 10 minutes before the casserole is ready, from this its crust will turn out to be more rosy;
- instead of sour cream, you can use kefir, milk, fermented baked milk or liquid cream;
- homemade sour cream before mixing with raw eggs must be diluted with 50 milliliters of boiling water so that it does not curl during baking;
- the recipe uses minced pork and beef, but you can take another, for example, from chicken or turkey meat;
- very often, fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onion are added to the mixture of stewed minced meat and vermicelli;
- At will, a set of spices can be varied not only in taste, but also in composition.