- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
- Roast potatoes
Roast potatoes are another classic accompianment to go along side a traditional Christmas dinner, or just an average Sunday lunch. I can promise you, hand on heart, that these are the best roast potatoes - and so simple!
Cornwall, England, UK
28 people made this
- 500g potatoes, halved, or quartered, if large
- 2 chicken OXO® cubes, crumbled
- 20 sprays of oil
MethodPrep:7min ›Cook:24min ›Ready in:31min
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Put your potatoes in a microwavable dish with a splash of water and cover. Cook them in the microwave for about 9 minutes (900 watts).
- Once cooked, empty the potatoes onto a oven-proof tray. Spray with the oil, and sprinkle on the OXO cubes. Use a brush (not one for paintings) to make sure all potatoes are covered.
- Roast in the oven until potatoes are crispy.
DO NOT PEEL the potatoes. The skin crisps up so much better, and plus the skin has most the nutrition.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
These roast potatoes were easy and delicious. I added the oil and oxo cube crumbs to the potatoes after draining the water from their microwaving but while they were still in a bowl, so they were easy to toss and coat evenly.-14 Mar 2013
Nice Makes potato taste very nice!-04 Nov 2012
Disappointing, they did nit crisp up at all, although the stock cubes gave them flavour that was nice.-19 Jan 2014