Ingredients for cooking adjika from tomato
- Tomatoes 1.5 kilograms
- Garlic cloves 1 cup
- Salt 2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Tomato, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World cuisineAbkhaz cuisine
Deep pan, wooden spatula, meat grinder, slotted spoon, kitchen knife, jar with a lid.
Cooking adjika from tomato:
Step 1: Prepare the tomatoes.
Boil a lot of water in a large saucepan. Rinse the tomatoes and make cuts on each side opposite to the tail. Put the tomatoes in boiling water with a slotted spoon so as not to get burned and keep them there for 1-2 minutes. Drain and peel starting from the incisions. After cutting each tomato in half, remove the stem. Pass all the tomatoes through a meat grinder.
Step 2: Prepare the garlic.
Peel the garlic and also pass through a meat grinder or use a special press.
Step 3: Cooking adjika.
Add the garlic and salt to the chopped tomatoes, mix everything. The mixture must be infused for 3-4 hoursAt the same time, it must be mixed every hour so that the salt is evenly distributed. During this time, prepare the jars, sterilize them in any convenient way. After the required time has passed, pour the adjika from the tomato into the prepared container.
Step 4: Serve the adjika from the tomato.
Serve the finished tomato adjika as a sauce for pasta, meat, fish and vegetable dishes. It can also be used to stew and bake meat.
Enjoy your meal!
- When chopping a tomato, it is better not to use a blender, as it will turn the vegetables into a completely homogeneous pulp.
- You can cook more adjika with tomatoes, but observe the proportions indicated in this recipe.
- For spiciness, you can also add hot peppers.
- Do not spoil, but complement the taste of adjika from tomato as well as bunches of fresh or dried herbs.