Ingredients for Cooking Dolma in a Multicooker
- Minced pork and beef fresh 600 grams
- Large onion 3 pieces
- 1 medium carrot
- Pork fat 100-150 grams
- Long grain rice 400 grams
- Fresh grape leaves or grape 50-60 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pure cool water 1-1.5 cups
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Grapes, Rice
- Serving 7 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
A tablespoon, a teaspoon, a large bowl - 2 pieces, a wooden spatula, a cutting board, a kitchen knife, a slow cooker, a coarse grater, a frying pan, a stove, a plate - 2 pieces, a saucer, a sieve, a small bowl, a deep serving dish, a peeler
Cooking dolma in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the pic.
Pour rice into a sieve and rinse thoroughly under running warm water until it becomes transparent. Then we leave the component aside so that the excess liquid from the glass.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Then put the component on a cutting board and finely chop into cubes. Pour the chopped onions into a clean plate.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.
Using a peeler, peel the carrots from the skins. Now thoroughly wash the vegetable under running warm water and put it on a cutting board. Using a coarse grater, grind the component on a flat surface and then pour the carrot chips into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the vegetable frying.
Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container are well warmed up, pour the chopped onion and carrot chips here. From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the vegetables until a soft golden color. Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and set the frying pan to the side. Let it cool.
Step 5: prepare the lard.
Put the lard on a chopping board and chop it into small pieces with a knife. Attention: this must be done if the minced meat is not fat. We shred the crushed lard in a free saucer and leave it aside for a while.
Step 6: prepare the filling for the dish.
In a large bowl we spread the pork and ground beef, if necessary, slices of bacon, washed rice and vegetable frying. Pour salt and black pepper to taste here. Now, using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. Attention: you can try the filling on the tongue and, if necessary, add some more spices and salt.
Step 7: prepare the dolma in the slow cooker.
For the preparation of dolma, both fresh and canned grape leaves are suitable. The main thing is that they are relatively the same size. In the first option, thoroughly rinse the components under running hot water and put them in a large free bowl. When using canned leaves: simply place them in a deep container and fill with liquid.
Now we begin to form a dolma. To do this, put one leaf at a time on a cutting board and, using a knife, cut the tails. With the help of a teaspoon on each green with the edge we place the filling. Now we form envelopes with clean hands, wrapping the ends of the leaves inward. You can also wrap the filling a little, then the edges, and then scroll to the end.
Thus, the dolma will not disperse in the cooking process and will remain as beautiful as in its original form.
Then we cover the bottom of the multicooker pan with spoiled leaves so that the dish does not burn at the base, and lay the dolma tightly to each other.
Pour tomato paste into a small bowl and dilute it 1-1.5 with a glass of clean cool water. You can use a tablespoon for this. Now fill the dolma with this liquid and see if it covers the dish. If not, then add some more clean water so that it slightly covers the green envelopes. Close the slow cooker with a lid, turn it on Extinguishing mode and set the time for 2 hours. When the corresponding signal sounds, turn off the appliance from the network and call everyone to the dining table.
Step 8: serve dolma in the slow cooker.
We transfer the cooked, still hot dolma from the slow cooker to a special deep plate and immediately serve it to the dining table with sour cream and slices of bread. How delicious and tender it is! Envelopes just melt in your mouth. Therefore, do not be surprised if at least 10-15 pieces are needed per serving, because they are small in size. Help yourself!
- for the preparation of dolma it is better to use home-made minced meat. Believe me, then the dish is much juicier and tastier. To do this, grind part of the pork with beef using a meat grinder with a fine grill or in a blender at high speed, and finely chop the remaining slices into cubes. Important: the finer we grind the components, the juicier and tastier the dish will turn out, which I usually do;
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can add others to your taste in dolma. For example, it can wash ground oregano, coriander, "suneli hops", as well as a mixture of peppers;
- along with a dolma, you can also put all kinds of sauces, mayonnaise, as well as various dressings at the dining table. My sister, for example, likes to pour soy sauce on the dish, although it would seem that these are two incompatible tastes. In a word, as you like more!