Ingredients for cooking cabbage with meat in a slow cooker
- Fresh cabbage 1 piece (medium)
- Minced pork 500 grams
- Purified water 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Slow cooker, kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon
Cooking cabbage with meat in a slow cooker:
Step 1: Prepare the meat.
For this recipe, I prefer to use minced meat to spend less time cooking, but you can take the meat and chop it into medium-sized pieces.
Defrost the minced meat, put it in a slow cooker, greased with a small amount of vegetable oil. Lightly fry in mode "Bakery products", about 10-15 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the cabbage.
While the meat is fried, prepare the cabbage. Rinse it and remove the top leaves. Cabbage should be finely chopped, for this, divide it into four parts, and then chop each quarter individually into narrow strips.
Step 3: Stew cabbage with meat in a slow cooker.
Add chopped cabbage to the sautéed minced meat. Pepper, salt to taste, add bay leaf. Pour 1/2 cup of clean cold water into the slow cooker. Choose a mode on the kitchen appliance "Extinguishing" and set the timer to 40 minutes. Unfortunately, we cannot leave the dish to cook completely unattended, approximately every 10-15 minutes cabbage with meat needs to be mixed.
As soon as the timer signals that the right time has passed, you can turn off the multicooker. The dish is ready, you can serve.
Step 4: Serve the stewed cabbage with meat in a slow cooker.
Spread the stewed cabbage with meat on plates and serve hot. This dish does not need a side dish, decorate it with herbs and add sauce or mayonnaise to taste. A simple but hearty dinner for the whole family is ready.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you have time, add onion or garlic to the stewed cabbage with meat, you can also add a little tomato paste with water.
- If instead of mincemeat you decide to use chopped meat, fry it a little longer, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Also, if you have such an opportunity, you can add seasonal vegetables to the dish, for example, fresh tomatoes or carrots.
- It makes no difference whether you use pork or beef.