Shrimp and Arugula Salad Ingredients
- Arugula (salad leaves) 1 bunch
- Shrimp (king or regular medium size) - 400 grams to taste
- Cherry Tomatoes 400 grams
- Hard cheese "Parmesan" 50 grams
- Balsamic vinegar (white or red) 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Shrimp, Tomato, Cheese, Greens
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, colander, tablespoon, kitchen knife - 3 pieces, cutting board-3 pieces, wooden toothpick, paper kitchen towels, stove, frying pan, kitchen spatula - 2 pieces (wooden and plastic), bowl, whisk, deep bowl, portioned plate.
Making shrimp and arugula salad:
Step 1: prepare the shrimp.
This dish is not a luxury, but a completely affordable and not very expensive meal for lovers of a healthy lifestyle. First of all, we take the right amount of king or ordinary shrimp, rinse them under trickles of cold running water from sand, as well as any other contaminants, put them in a colander and leave them in the sink for a few minutes so that the glass has excess liquid.
Then we dip the seafood with paper kitchen towels, deprive them of their heads and then, in turn, pull each by the tail, carefully removing the entire shell with legs.
Next, with the tip of a kitchen knife, draw along the back of the shrimp, slightly cutting the meat tissue, and use a regular wooden toothpick to take out a black vein - an esophagus vein.
Step 2: fry the shrimp.
Now put on a medium heat pan and pour a tablespoon of olive oil into it. When the fat warms up, dip the prepared shrimp into it, salt them, pepper and fry on both sides for a couple of minutes each. Then with the help of a kitchen spatula we transfer the curled pink lumps onto a paper towel, previously spread out on the countertop, and leave it in this form until use.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Meanwhile, wash the arugula and cherry under cold water. We dry them, put them on a clean cutting board and continue preparation. We leave the greens whole, finely chop or chop with our hands into large pieces and send into a deep bowl.
We cut each tomato into 2-6 parts.
Chop the parmesan cheese into slices of arbitrary shape, 2-3 mm thick, or grind it on a fine, medium or large grater.
In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar and the remaining olive oil with a whisk. We put on the table the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 4: bring the salad to full readiness.
In a bowl with arugula leaves, we add chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped Parmesan cheese, shrimps that have already cooled, salt to taste, as well as ground black pepper, not forgetting that these spices have already been used and should not be zealous with them. Then we water these ingredients with vinegar-oil dressing, mix everything with a wooden kitchen spatula to a homogeneous consistency, distribute portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve shrimp and arugula salad.
Shrimp and arugula salad is served immediately after cooking at room temperature. It is served in portions on plates as a snack before the first or second hot dishes. This dish does not need any additions, but very often with it unleavened rolls, toasts or fresh bread rolls are put on the table. Enjoy a delicious and wholesome meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- an alternative to balsamic vinegar - table 6% or apple, olive oil - refined sunflower, ordinary salt - sea, and black pepper - allspice;
- shrimp can not be fried, but boiled in salted water, frozen, light pink in color - 3-5 minutes, and fresh gray, for example, royal - 10 minutes;
- sometimes a little spinach and a couple of leaves of Beijing cabbage are added to the arugula;
- very often in a salad put sesame seeds or crushed nuts: pecans, walnuts, cedar or others;
- to get boiled and peeled shrimp, it is better only as a last resort, when there is no time for preliminary preparation. Well, when choosing fresh or frozen seafood in shells, you must also be careful! High-quality shrimp should be with a folded tail, an even carapace without pentains, pink, brown or slightly greenish in color and without black heads, which indicates disease.