Ingredients for making crab salad with oranges
- Crab sticks 300 grams
- Canned corn 1 can (300 grams)
- Chicken egg (raw) 4 pieces
- Orange 1 piece
- Garlic 1 clove
- Mayonnaise 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Table vinegar 9% 2 tablespoons (for eggs)
- Main Ingredients Corn, Eggs, Orange, Crab Sticks
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Soft kitchen sponge, stove, stewpan, tablespoon - 2 pieces, chopping knife - 2-3 pieces, chopping board - 2-3 pieces, deep bowl, garlic press, colander with a fine mesh, plastic wrap, refrigerator, salad bowl or portioned plate.
Cooking crab salad with oranges:
Step 1: prepare and cook chicken eggs.
To begin with, use a soft kitchen sponge to gently wash raw chicken eggs. Then we send them to the stewpan, fill with ordinary running water above the level of 2-3 centimeters and put on medium heat. After that, add a couple of tablespoons of rock salt and 9% vinegar. Hard boiled eggs 10-11 minutes. Then, using a tablespoon, transfer them to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool completely.
Step 2: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
In the meantime, we print out the crab sticks and remove each plastic shell.
Using a canned wrench, open a jar of corn, discard the yellow grains in a colander and hold them in the sink until use so that the glass is excess liquid.
After that, we rid the orange of the peel without leaving a drop of white fibers, it contains bitter oils that can give the salad an unpleasant bitterness. Divide the fruit into slices and remove from each membrane (transparent, thin, but hard film).
We clear the cloves of garlic from the husk, and the cooled eggs from the shell, wash them in turn and dry them with paper kitchen towels. Next, put on the countertop all the other ingredients that you will need to make the salad, and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: bring the salad to full readiness.
In turn, we send prepared eggs, crab sticks, orange slices to a chopping board and chop them into small pieces, cubes, straws or slices up to 1 centimeter thick. We send the slices into a deep bowl, there, through a special press, squeeze out the peeled garlic cloves and discard the dried sweet corn from the colander. We season everything with mayonnaise, to taste with salt and black ground pepper. Using a tablespoon, mix all the components of the salad to a uniform consistency, tighten the bowl with plastic wrap or cover and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so that the dish is infused, and then serve to the table.
Step 4: serve crab salad with oranges.
Crab salad with oranges is served chilled as an appetizer before main courses. It is served in dishes specially designed for this purpose or in portions in plates, optionally garnished with fresh greens of dill, parsley or green onions. This dish has a light refreshing aroma and a delicate, slightly sour-sweet flavor. Enjoy a delicious and simple fast food!
Enjoy your meal!
- Why do you need to wash raw chicken eggs before cooking? This process helps to get rid of bacteria, as well as chemicals that, during heat treatment, penetrate through the porous shell into the protein, and from it into the human body, thereby causing poisoning or other serious illnesses like salmonellosis;
- very often, sweet canned peas are used instead of corn, and crab sticks are replaced with real boiled meat of this seafood;
- an alternative to mayonnaise - sour cream or cream of medium fat content, and black, rather spicy pepper - allspice, it is softer in taste;
- this type of salad drains quite quickly, so it’s better to cook it in small portions that can be consumed right away, but if you still have a little left, then it should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 2-3 days, previously packed in a clean sealed container;
- Do not forget that for cutting any fresh or heat-treated products, you need separate cutting boards and knives, which after use should be rinsed with boiling water for hygiene purposes.