- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Pan fried chicken breasts
Chicken and pasta in a creamy curry sauce, unusual but tasty:). It's flavoured with a little curry and tomato chutney.
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
56 people made this
- 500g pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 300ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato chutney
- salt salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil then add the pasta and cook for 12 minutes. Then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and garlic, then add the chicken and fry until cooked through and no longer pink.
- In a bowl mix the cream, curry powder and tomato chutney together, season with salt, then add to the chicken and heat through.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture and toss well to coat. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Serve with naan bread or crusty French bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups large cauliflower florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Salt to taste
- Cooked basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce
Melt coconut oil in a heavy 4-quart pot over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add curry powder, pepper flakes, broth, soy sauce, maple syrup, and tomato paste and stir.
Add potatoes and carrot, cover pot, and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and leave lid ajar. Cook just until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, chickpeas, coconut milk, and cilantro. Stir gently to incorporate. Return to simmer with lid ajar and simmer just until cauliflower is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Fold in peas and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Remove from heat and season with salt, if needed. Serve with steamed basmati rice and, for those who'd like more heat, sriracha sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
A Facsimile of Boston’s Creamy Chicken Curry Pasta for Niall
Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a rolling boil. Add dry penne, stirring to prevent it from sticking together. Cook according to package directions, approximately 7 or 8 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse!
Meanwhile, melt the butter or heat the oil, and add the red onion. Stir and cook until it begins to sweat, and then add garlic and red pepper. When they are softened, but still have a bit of a “fresh bite”, add the curry powder and chili flakes. Stir and cook for a minute or two.
Stir in the heavy cream, bring to a very gentle boil and cook until it begins to thicken to the consistency you like for your alfedo-ish sauce. Gently stir in the cooked chicken pieces and the pineapple, and cook till they’re heated through.
* to cook the chicken, one can bake in the oven or cut into bite-sized pieces and sauté with the vegetables until no longer pink. To bake ahead, put two boneless, skinless chicken breasts onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Turn twice, two coat the entire breast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then bake for 40 minutes or so in a preheated 350F oven.
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes drain.
Cook and stir olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over high heat just until brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and mushrooms stir to coat with garlic and olive oil. Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in cream of mushroom soup gradually add 1/2 cup of water about 1 tablespoon at a time, adding enough to make sauce light and creamy.
Reduce heat to medium-low heat and gently fold pasta into the chicken and sauce until coated. Add garlic salt and red pepper to taste remove from heat and serve.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
INGREDIENTS for 4 people:
- 4 chicken breasts.
- 2 onions.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 5 tsp fried tomato souce.
- 2 tsp curry.
- 400ml half cream.
- Parsley to sprinkle over.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and black pepper.
CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE:
1 .- Put in a frying pan, a trickle of oil over medium heat. When It´s hot, add the onion and chopped garlic. Add salt and black pepper and let cook, while stirring it from time to time, about 5 minutes.
2.- After that time, add the tomato and curry. (If you like the spicy flavor, add chilli or cayenne). Then, stir and let cook about two minutes more.
3.- Add the chicken. Increase the heat and add diced chicken. Season the chicken and cook it a little, while mixing it with the rest of ingredients.
4.- After about two minutes more, add the half cream and stir well. The cream will turn yellow. Let to cook 5 minutes more, to soft heat and… ¡ready to serve! Finally, you can sprinkle with a little chopped parsley, to give it color.
Curry chicken . Very tasty and with lots of personality. In addition you will have it ready in a matter of very few minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe please, you can follow me in my differents social network as Facebook , Twitter e Instagram
Adam and Joanne's Tips
- Bone-in chicken can be used in the recipe. Use about 3 pounds. There is no need to de-bone or cut the chicken. You can make the chicken with whole chicken pieces and should not need to adjust the recipe since the simmer time should still be enough to cook the chicken until tender.
- Garam Masala is a warm, sweet spice blend that differs regionally and from home to home. The mix typically includes cardamon, cumin, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. The Garam Masala is added towards the end of cooking so that the spices perfume every bite. You can buy or make the blend. We especially enjoy this one from The Spice House.
- Ghee is a type of clarified butter popular in Indian cuisine. Butter is cooked until the milk solids separate and turn toasty brown. The butter is then strained. Since the milk solids and moisture have been removed, ghee has a higher smoke point and longer shelf life compared to regular butter. You can make ghee at home or buy it.
- Make ahead tips: The chicken can be left to marinate in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. Store leftover curry in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Recipe inspired by Madhur Jaffrey’s recipe for Malai wali murghi (Chicken with cream)
- Nutrition facts: The nutrition facts provided below are estimates. We have used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @inspiredtaste
How many calories are in this Creamy Chicken Curry?
There are 381 calories in each portion of our slimming friendly Creamy Chicken Curry. This means it falls into our Everyday Light recipe category.
This recipe is perfect if you’re following a calorie controlled diet and fits well with any one of the major diet plans such as Weight Watchers.
As a guide, an average man needs around 2,500kcal (10,500kJ) a day to maintain a healthy body weight. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000kcal (8,400kJ) a day. Obviously, if your goal is to lose weight then you might want to adjust these slightly! You can read more about these recommendations on the NHS website.
Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and heat.
Add the onion, chilli, ginger and garlic and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion starts to soften.
Add the salt, chopped coriander, turmeric, and garam masala, and cook for another couple of minutes.
Add the stock, allow to boil and simmer for around 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the tomato paste, yoghurt and chicken. Stir well. Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring regularly.
10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the chopped veg and a squeeze of lime juice.
Garnish with some more chopped coriander and serve.
To make juicy meatballs –
First, mix all of the ingredients except ground chicken so they combine together.
Then add ground chicken, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
Lightly fold everything together, making sure you don’t over mix ground chicken.
Tip to roll chicken meatballs faster –
Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out ground chicken meatballs into equal portions. Then use both hands to shape two meatballs at a time.
Don’t worry about shaping them perfect. A little rustic meatballs are also sexy too to be served. If shaping in both hands is not convenient to you, use both hands to shape one ball at a time.
Heat cast iron pan over medium heat. Pour few tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange shaped chicken meatballs in the cast iron pan making sure you don’t over crowd the pan.
Pro-Tip : Sear and brown chicken in batches if you have to. If you over crowd pan then chicken meatballs will not sear and brown fast. This will make meatballs to get over cooked. Thus making them dry and hard instead of moist and juicy.
Remember we do not want to cook meatballs completely in cast iron pan. Just sear to get the golden brown outside. Meatballs will cook in creamy sauce.
Remove browned chicken meatballs onto a plate and set aside.
Cheesy Cream Sauce –
Into the same cast iron skillet, pour little more olive oil. Saute minced garlic and white onions, until translucent.
Next we make the cream sauce using a roux. Add flour and stir well.
Cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
Season with salt and pepper (as per taste).
Gradually pour chicken stock and keep stirring. Use a whisk if required to make lump free cream sauce.
While the liquid is simmering and sauce turns thick, add full cream milk and cream to the pan and whisk again. Let it simmer for another minute.
Note- instead of milk you can use more chicken stock too.
To the simmering sauce add browned chicken meatballs, cover in sauce. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley.
Pour it over your favorite pasta and serve immediately.
Note – Cream sauce will thicken as it cools down. You can thin the sauce by pouring in some chicken broth or milk. Just heat a sauce for 2 minutes once you pour in extra liquids and serve.
Creamy Turmeric Chicken Pasta
1. Cut a little over a pound of boneless, skinless, fat trimmed chicken breast into bite size pieces.
2. Begin cooking 3 cups whole wheat penne pasta as per manufacturer's directions. When pasta is nearly finished cooking, add 2 cups frozen peas and carrots. Continue cooking until pasta is done and vegetables are tender.
3. Spray a non-stick pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute chicken. When chicken is about half done cooking, add 1 cup chopped raw onion, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 0.5 cup water, and 0.25 tsp black pepper. Continue cooking until chicken is done (no longer pink in the middle) and most of the water has evaporated.
4. Add 1.5 cups fat free plain yogurt, 0.5 tsp ground turmeric, 1 tsp Splenda (or other no calorie sweetener if preferred) to chicken mixture. Stir thoroughly and simmer over low heat until pasta is done.
5. Drain vegetable and pasta mixture and return to pasta pan. Pour chicken mixture over pasta and stir gently.