Ingredients for Cooking Beef Goulash with Gravy
- Beef (fresh tenderloin) 500 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Tomato paste 5-6 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Wheat flour 1 tablespoon
- Purified water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Laurel leaf (ground) to taste
- Main ingredients: Beef, Onion, Flour
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a stove, a frying pan, a wooden kitchen shovel, a serving plate.
Cooking beef goulash with gravy:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, we wash fresh beef under trickles of cold running water, dry the tenderloin with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a sharp kitchen knife to remove veins, film, and small bones from it that often remain on the meat after chopping the carcass. Next, grind this product in small cubes or across the fibers with straws 1 centimeter thick.
After that, using a new knife, peel the onion. We rinse it, dry it, send it to a clean board and chop it with straws, rings, half rings or cubes with a thickness of 6-7 mm. We distribute the slices into separate bowls, put on the countertop the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare beef goulash with gravy.
We send to a medium fire a deep cauldron, a non-stick saucepan or a pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the fat is hot, put the prepared beef into it and fry it until golden brown, stirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spatula.
At this stage, it is not necessary to bring it to full readiness, so the process will take no more 5-7 minutes.
As soon as the meat is browned, add chopped onion to it and simmer them together 10 minutes to softness, as well as the goldenness of the vegetable. Then we season everything with tomato paste, to taste with salt, black pepper, ground leaf of laurel and basil. Pour the beef with water so that it completely covers the slices, and mix these ingredients to a homogeneous consistency. After boiling, reduce the heat to the minimum level, cover the already aromatic dish with a lid, leaving no cracks, and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
Then we sift in a frying pan through a sieve a tablespoon of wheat flour, again thoroughly mix everything until smooth and cook the goulash until the gravy thickens, for another 5-6 minutes. Next, turn off the stove and insist the finished dish under a closed lid for 7-10 minutes. After the necessary time, we lay out the goulash along with some not very complicated side dish on plates and serve it to the table.
Step 3: serve beef goulash with gravy.
Beef goulash with gravy is served hot as a second main course. It is served in portions on plates, previously supplementing each with a light side dish, for example, cereals from your favorite cereals, pasta, steamed rice, jacket potatoes, mashed potatoes or a salad of fresh vegetables and, of course, bread. Enjoy delicious, hearty and easy to cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- before serving, each serving of goulash can be sprinkled with crushed Parmesan cheese, it will give the dish a certain peculiar flavor;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - creamy or melted pork fat; tomato paste - thick tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes chopped on a grater, water - vegetable or meat broth;
- sometimes before frying the meat is boiled until half cooked;
- very often, along with onions and beef stew several cloves of garlic;
- the classic spices are indicated in the recipe, if desired, their set can be supplemented with any other spices and dried herbs that are used during the preparation of meat dishes.