Ingredients for Salad with Orange and Carrots
- Carrot 450 grams
- Oranges 2-3 pieces
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Sugar (sand) 1 pinch
- Pine nuts (lightly fried) 2 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Orange, Nuts
- Portion 8-9
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scales, tablespoon, grater, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, deep bowl, bowl, wooden kitchen spatula, salad bowl.
Making a salad with orange and carrots:
Step 1: prepare the carrots.
This salad will fill your body with various useful substances, but first you need to cook it. Using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the carrots. We wash it under trickles of warm running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture, grind it on a large or medium grater and pour the chopped vegetable directly into a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the oranges.
After that, we also wash and dry the oranges, and then remove the peel from the citrus so that there are no white fibers that contain bitter oils on the surface. Then we disassemble them into segments and remove from each intermediate membrane - a white delicate film. Next, put the pulp of citruses on a clean cutting board, chop into small pieces 1-1.5 centimeters in size and send after the carrots, that is, into the same bowl.
Step 3: prepare salad dressing.
Now we pour the right amount of olive oil and freshly squeezed or canned lemon juice into a separate clean small bowl. Add sugar there, to taste salt and black pepper. Shake everything with a whisk to a homogeneous consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: bring the salad to full readiness.
Pour the chopped oranges and carrots with the resulting dressing. Mix everything with a wooden kitchen spatula until smooth, spread the resulting dish into a salad bowl, sprinkle with lightly roasted pine nuts and serve on the table.
Step 5: serve the salad with orange and carrots.
Salad with orange and carrots is served at room temperature immediately after cooking as a snack before the first and second main dishes to whet the appetite, as well as improve digestion. This food is quite self-sufficient and does not need any additions, so just enjoy and enjoy delicious food!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of pine nuts, you can use chopped walnuts, chopped pistachios, sesame seeds or roasted sunflower seeds;
- an alternative to olive oil - refined sunflower, sour cream, cream or fermented milk yogurt without flavoring, and lemon juice - wine white or red vinegar;
- very often a set of ingredients is supplemented with an apple chopped on a coarse grater and finely chopped mandarin slices;
- if you purchased raw pine nuts, fry them in a dry frying pan without oil until crackling and a gentle blush, constantly stirring with a kitchen spatula. This process will take no more than 7-10 minutes;
- Black pepper has a rather islandy flavor, if you prefer less “hot” spices, replace this spice with aromatic or white.