- Meat and poultry
- Slow cooker beef
Really yummy beef casserole which will have your guests begging for MORE! There's a delicious combination of unexpected seasonings that really makes this beef casserole special.
County Armagh, Northern Ireland, UK
48 people made this
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g cubed beef
- 25g flour
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:9hr ›Ready in:9hr25min
- Fry onion and garlic in oil over medium heat till soft.
- Raise heat to medium high. Toss beef in flour, then add to the onion and garlic to brown slightly. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker, then cook in the slow cooker for 9 hours. Beef will melt in your mouth after cooking slowly for this time.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (9)
This was lovely, really easy to make and tasted great!I didn't have any ginger or chilli sauce and added paprika to the flour.-08 Jan 2011
Something else.I added smoked paprika to the flour, just for that extra special yummmmm-08 Sep 2010
This was really easy to do and tasted divine!!-08 Sep 2010