Ingredients for making thin pita bread
- Purified water 1 cup (faceted)
- Granular dry yeast 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon (no slide)
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Sifted wheat flour 2.5-3 cups (faceted)
- Main ingredients Flour, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Sifted wheat flour - 2.5 - 3 cups (faceted) Stewpan, plate, teaspoon, faceted glass (capacity 250 milliliters), measuring cup, tablespoon, deep bowl, kitchen linen napkin, kitchen towel, plastic wrap, rolling pin, baking tray - 2 pieces, a kitchen knife, a frying pan, a kitchen spatula, a large flat dish, a plate.
Preparation of thin pita bread:
Step 1: prepare the yeast.
First of all, we pour the purified water into a small stewpan, put it on medium heat and heat up to 36-38 degrees Celsius, so that it is slightly warm, but not hot. Then pour the liquid into a small bowl or large measuring cup and add granulated sugar there.
Then pour in the yeast, mix everything with a tablespoon to a uniform consistency, cover the dough with a linen kitchen towel and put it in a warm place on 10-15 minutesto come up.
Step 2: prepare the flour.
Now put in a deep bowl about 1.5 cups sifted wheat flour and add salt to it.
After some time, we move the expanded yeast there.
Pour a little vegetable, preferably refined oil.
And we begin to knead the dough with a tablespoon. When this kitchen appliance stops helping, we continue this process with clean hands, periodically adding another portion of flour. The result should be a soft, non-sticky, elastic, slightly oily dough. We roll it into a ball, again send it into a bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel and set it to insist near the included stove, away from drafts on 1-1.5 hours.
Step 3: form a thin pita bread.
When the dough is infused and increases by 2-3 times, put it on the kitchen table, sprinkled with a thin layer of sifted wheat flour, gently crush it and divide it with a kitchen knife or metal spatula into 10-13 equal in size parts. Although their number may vary depending on the desired size of pita bread and the diameter of the pan.
Then we roll each piece of dough into a ball, put them on a baking sheet and tighten with plastic wrap so that they do not dry out.
About 10 minutes we take 1 part of the semi-finished flour product, crush it on both sides with flour and with the help of a rolling pin we roll it into a round layer with a thickness of not more than one or two millimeters.
We shift the resulting pancake onto the second baking sheet, cover with a film and quickly roll out the remaining balls in the same way.
Step 4: fry thin pita bread.
Now put on a strong fire a dry pan without oil! We heat it up to a maximum temperature, so that a slight smoke goes over the dishes. Then, very carefully, we transfer the first thin pancake from the dough there. If the cake turned out to be too large, it’s okay, carefully distribute its ends along the sides of the pan and bake for a few seconds on each side.
As soon as the aromatic dish turns white and rosy dots appear on it, with the help of a kitchen spatula we transfer the pita bread to a large flat dish. Do not overtake it on fire, otherwise it will turn out too dry! In the same way, we prepare the remaining kruglyashi, then cover them with a kitchen towel, so that there is a small gap of 5-7 centimeters, and leave it in this form until it cools down.
Step 5: serve thin pita bread.
Thin pita bread after cooking is cooled and then used to prepare or complement various goodies.
From it you can make a great apple strudel, meat pie, shawarma, casserole, various snacks, and also serve instead of bread with hot first or second courses. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- cooled pita bread should be stored in a plastic or paper bag in a dry, well-ventilated place;
- a good alternative to dry granular yeast - fresh pressed;
- sometimes milk is used instead of water, and vegetable oil is replaced with melted butter;
- if desired, dried herbs can be added to the dough, for example, sumac, oregano, parsley, dill, as well as fragrant spices;
- the amount of flour indicated in the recipe may vary and depends on the variety, friability and gluten of this product!
- very often, so that the pita bread is not very dry, after cooling it is dipped in cold water, completely dried and then used for its intended purpose or sent for storage;
- Pita bread can be baked in the oven. Turn it on in the "Grill" mode, place the baking sheet inside on the middle rack, heat it well and lay the formed products on it. Fry the cakes for 1 minute on each side. The advantage of this method is that you can cook a large pita bread or just 3-4 medium in size.