Ingredients for Making Champignon Cream Soup
- Champignons (fresh mushrooms) 500 grams
- Onions 2 pieces (medium)
- Sifted wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Butter 50 grams
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Broth (chicken or vegetable) 600 milliliters
- Cream (liquid) 200 milliliters (fat content from 10 to 25%)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Mushrooms, Butter, Flour
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board - 2 pieces, a plate, a bowl - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a non-stick pan, a wooden kitchen spatula, a kitchen towel, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), a hand blender, a ladle, a deep plate.
Preparation of champignon cream soup:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
This delicious soup is cooked quite quickly, so first you need to prepare all the ingredients, put them on the kitchen table and proceed. First of all, with the help of a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions and peel each mushroom from the roots.
Then we wash the vegetables under trickles of cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels. We spread it on a cutting board and grind it. Champignons shred plates or slices 5-6 millimeters thick.
Onion cubes up to 1 centimeter in size. We lay out the slices in separate bowls and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: saute the onions and mushrooms.
We put on a medium heat a deep, preferably non-stick pan and pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, the fat will warm up, dip the chopped onion into it and simmer until transparent for 3-4 minutesstirring vigorously with a wooden kitchen spatula.
Then add the mushrooms there and fry the vegetables together for about another 5-7 minutes until soft and light golden crust. After that, remove the pan from the stove and set aside until its contents are needed.
Step 3: prepare the cream of champignon soup.
Now we send a deep pan with a thick bottom to the middle fire and put a piece of butter in it. After 2-3 minutes, we interfere in the melted, slightly hot fat sifted wheat flour and fry it for about 1.5-2 minutes to a light beige shade. Then we begin to gradually pour in vegetable or chicken broth, stirring constantly so that the flour does not get lumpy, and bring the liquid to a boil.
Next, add fried onions and mushrooms to it. Again, wait until the broth starts bubbling, and after that, using a kitchen towel, remove the pan from the stove. We put it on the countertop and very carefully, so as not to get burned, we chop the vegetables using an immersion blender, grinding them to a puree condition at medium speed.
Then we season almost the finished soup to taste with salt, black pepper, cream, beat for one or two minutes, put on medium heat and after boiling again we cook the dish 7-8 minutes. After this time, turn off the stove and let the soup stand under a covered lid. 10-12 minutes. Then, with the help of a ladle, pour it in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 4: serve champignon cream soup.
Champignon cream soup is served hot as the first main course. It is served in portions in plates, seasoned with cream, sour cream, or sprinkled with crackers, fried seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped dill, parsley or cilantro.
It is also a pleasure to savor this miracle with cheese or regular toast, fresh bread or vegetable buns. Enjoy healthy, tasty and easy to cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, 2-3 minutes before complete readiness, season the soup with garlic squeezed through a press, one or two cloves, or processed cheese, chopped on a grater, is enough, about 1-1.5 pieces;
- cream is not the main ingredient, you can cook without them, especially if you want the dish to be less greasy;
- a set of spices is not essential! Use any seasoned soups, such as savory, sumac, paprika, nutmeg, bay leaf, all kinds of ground pepper, or others. Of course, spices should not be very zealous, it is advisable that they do not clog the aroma of mushrooms;
- In the same way, you can prepare cream soup from eggplant, zucchini or squash;
- an alternative to the broth is ordinary purified water, and cream - sour cream;
- Do you want the soup to be thicker and more saturated? Reduce the amount of broth or add boiled potatoes, carrots, a piece of celery root and parsley to the pan along with fried mushrooms and onions. After that, grind everything, boil, season with spices, cream, soak on the stove the right time until fully cooked and serve to the table.